Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Chart Patterns To Monitor In Coming Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor for a pullback and a possible Type 1 Buy opportunity
    in Franklin Covey (FC) next month. (see attached chart)
    It is labeled a major Wave 3 in progress.

(Be very careful though because it is a cheap stock with very small volume.
    This kind of stock can be easy to minipulate. I am showing this only as an
    example to track to see how it conforms to Elliott Wave expectations.)
    Attached Files
    Marc

Comment

• good luck to all!

Comment

• type 2 short HSY

Any thoughts on HSY as a short setup type 2.... I think it's a perfect example of type 2 setup, then again i'm new at this... daily chart. I don't know how to attach a chart.

Comment

• Re: type 2 short HSY

Hi gelfont,

HSY... a sweet stock... (pun intended).... our family has been trying to get to their Hershey, PA, amusement park for three years now. This is a great company, and I have the dentist bill to prove it!!!

Weekly HSY identifies the Elliott Wave as a Wave 3 in progress. I believe that is true still. If you decided to do a Type 2 sell here, you would have to trail your stop tightly to protect any profits you may earn short-term. I personally think-- based on the strong pattern in general-- if this stock corrects more now, it will end up higher before the summer is over. The major Wave 3 top is not yet in place, in my humble opinion.
          Originally posted by gelfont1
          Any thoughts on HSY as a short setup type 2.... I think it's a perfect example of type 2 setup, then again i'm new at this... daily chart. I don't know how to attach a chart.
          Marc

Comment

• I own 250 shares @ $23.00 of Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Co, Inc. (GAP). I had been watching the stock go up and never got a pullback to buy into, so one day I just got greedy and said the heck with it and bought into the gap (with 'GAP' as their symbol I figured it was prophetic... as strong Wave 3's gap at the early stages.) Not only am I glad I 'gapped' it, I plan to hold this position, then add to it this summer if it ever does a Wave 4 pullback. (see attached chart)
            Attached Files
            Marc

Comment

• For what it is worth, my close friend asked me yesterday if BOOM and INTC had more life in them. I told him, yes, that while I have no position in these stocks, I would be interested in buying into a Wave 4 pullback. . . unfortunately. . . this is what I wanted to do with GAP and never got the Wave 4 pullback chance until after I bought it (big haha). One has to wonder how high they will go before I end up buying these stocks, only to then have it pullback.
              Marc

Comment

• Here is our updated post regarding an example of a Type I Sell

The Type I Sell that we've been watching with OSIP continues to work out well. Based on the strength of the sell-off, we are watching Zone I of the MOB at Wave 5 as a possible target. The fallout hasn't been a capitulation, but we'll take it. This trade is nearing completion; we'll now wait and see if the MOB is strong enough to justify a Type II Buy....

Comment

• Duane,

Another excellent example with OSIP. I am not just saying this to be nice, but really mean it! Your posts have been very good, very helpful. Thanks for sharing. . . and please keep posting your ideas here.

Marc
                  Marc

Comment

• I tend to agree with Marc, however I still think the daily type 2 sell could make some $$$ but may not be worth the risk. Both 5/35 and 10/70 Osc support the sell, in fact the 10/70 made a much lower high. OTOH we have a false bar stochastic at overbought which indicates strength and of course the weekly strength Marc pointed out. Using the RTC entry technique we technically have not triggered a short yet 64.02- would be the level.

Let's check the R-R: entry 64.02 stop 67.37=3.35 pts. Target is prior W-4 low 59.09=4.93 pts so we end up with 1.47 R-R not very good. An alternate stop could be at the gap down at 66.01+- and would increase the R-R but now your adding your own two cents to make the trade acceptable, in my experience this is usually not a good idea.

The weekly is so strong I would look for a longer term buy opportunity there and use the daily or even 60 minute to find an entry point...the weekly may never give us that type 1 setup.

donv

Weekly HSY identifies the Elliott Wave as a Wave 3 in progress. I believe that is true still. If you decided to do a Type 2 sell here, you would have to trail your stop tightly to protect any profits you may earn short-term. I personally think-- based on the strong pattern in general-- if this stock corrects more now, it will end up higher before the summer is over. The major Wave 3 top is not yet in place, in my humble opinion.

Comment

• First of all, Don, your comments on HSY are right on the target! I could not have said it that well.

To add one more idea here, Gelfont, as a trader, this is the only Hershey (HSY) trade I would be willing to take today. It is a 120 minute Type 1 Buy setup. (see attached chart below).

It is aggressive (AB= Agressive Buy) and would only do a small position with a tight trailing stop because of the contradictions stated earlier, and the differing EW counts on different time frames. It is not the highest probability-- only a 50-50% odds of success trade, particularly with a holiday coming up. It could very well end up being a losing trade. That being said, the risk-reward is acceptable, The Short and Normal Ellipse worked well perfectly here, it held 38% support, it is in the direction of the weekly Wave 3 momentum.
                      Attached Files
                      Marc

Comment

• Count me in as well!

I have had AG EOD for over 6 years and to be honest haven't used it much. I am now trying to get to grips with it recently.

What I am trying to do is use a combination of fundamental analysis as well as TA.

My particular interest would me in making the most of the search facility within AG EOD and then to filter opportunities.

I would really appreciate anyones assistance.

Thanks

Comment

• XMSR

I am not in XMSR but identified it as a possible Type 2 Buy earlier this month.
                          If in XMSR I might have added to the position today at the 25% retracement.
                          There was an aggressive Type 1 Buy opportunity, see 15 minute chart.
                          Originally posted by MR- Posted: 05-20-2005 12:21 PM

I mentioned here two days ago XMSR was setting up for a Type 2 Buy candidate.
                          It was around $29.30 at that time. As of noonish Friday, it is now to $31.45, up a $1.40. . . .
                          Originally posted by MR- Posted: 05-18-2005 11:34 AM

Is only a 50-50 idea... but I think XMSR is setting up as a possible Type 2 buy,
                          basis a daily chart? Might be worth a look.
                          Marc

Comment

• RE: boom

does BOOM look to be out of gas? looks like wave 4 is done and we should get a nice steep pull back... Great job on the post. with 2.6 million shares in the float this stock will fall just as fast if not faster than it went up.

Comment

• interesting charts to monitor in coming days

Hi Marc

Any thoughst on GOOG?

Thanks Ed

Comment

• Re: interesting charts to monitor in coming days

Hi Ed,

click here to see GOOG comment.

Originally posted by edwardyu
                                Hi Marc

Any thoughst on GOOG?

Thanks Ed
                                Marc

Comment

Working...
                                X