Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AdvGet scanners

Just quick notes:

I am using the advget scanners that are instantiated from inside esignal. Esignal version is 7.6 build 635 03/19/04.

The problem that I am having is with integration. Each of the scanners seems to have various issue which make them difficult to use.

scan one: scanner.esignal.com, or scanner pull down, select advanced get scanner.
    The problem that I am having here is that I see no way to pass information from the browser window to esignal. In the video this was done by clicking the Symbol as a link. My problem is that I do not have a symbol link. The chart link on left of page opens a basic web browser chart, which is really useless. Exporting appears to only be two excell or external formats.

Is there something that I need to setup to allow the symbol llink to work?
    Is there anyway to export to a quote widnow?
    Did I miss some other what of getting info to a chart?

scan two: Select file pull down from menu, select new, select scan.
    This open an advget scan that does not have optionable as a selectable choice under issues. On the plus side it does export to a quoteboard which seems really useful.

one last question:
    In the stand alone advget, when a mob is well beyond the end of the chart, you can scroll right and see dates for the mob. When attempting this in esignal advanced chart, once the bars are off the left of the screen there is no date in the cursor window.
    Is there anyway to see extended mob dates that are off the right side of the chart data.

thaynes
    Unless I misunderstood what you are saying I think you are selecting the individual scanners from the main menu instead of opening the integrated Scan Window.
    To open a Scan Window click the New icon and select Scan Window or select File->New->Scan. This will open a window similar to the one shown in the image below (rather than the browser based ones) which has a drop down menu that allows you to select the scan to be used. As you can see the window also has the Symbol and Interval linking buttons in the Title Bar and allows you to export the scans directly to any open Quote Window.
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

thaynes
      As far as I can see future dates and times seem to appear both in the Cursor labels and in the Cursor Window when moving the cursor beyond the last bar (see image).
      However they will not show when using tick based charts.
      Alex

Comment

Alex,

that would be the second scan mentioned, the one with out the optionable stock issue. I can make my way around the optinoable stock issue, by selecting export to quote window and then manually checking each symbol for option chain but that get tedious.

The scan under scanner > Advanced Get Scanner is what is shown in the training videos. My assumption is that I have a misconfiguration at this point but am at a lost on how to correct it.

To duplicate the mob date missing issue you would need an extremely long mob. The one I am looking at currently is on the hourly QQQ chart ( one at 38 and one at 39 ). To see what I mean, simply pull any chart to the left till all the current data bars are off the left side of the cart.

one possible solution is to undock the window and expand it to be full monitor width ( in my case 1920 ). It would however been nice to always have the date show in the cursor window.

Here is a snapshot with out date.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by thaynes; 04-04-2004, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X