Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >2min delays on LIFFE prices with undelayed time stamps

Hi all,

Since 07 Mar 03 I have had problems with the data feed of March FTSE futures from the LIFFE data supplied via esignal

1) There have been delays and lockups of data being provided - I understand these are being dealt with
    2) I have had significant delays in data but with up to date time stamps on a daily basis - in excess of two minutes is frequently seen. Support reported that delays of less than five seconds were the only issues at this time.

Initially I registered a problem as the "data feed providing inaccurate prices but with a correct time stamp", after futher problems this morning it seems that :

2.1) The data feed was running behind and providing prices that were two minutes+ out of date
    2.2) The time stamp associated to this data was reporting real time undelayed figures time stamps (from the server?)

Understandably I have been ready to trade on what I thought was the correct T&S / Price info from esignal, only to find that a significant move has taken place when I looked at the strike price (two minutes+ = 10's of points = big loss = not very happy!). This has happened on four out of the last seven days

Have others had a similar problem with such delays? Support does not seem fully aware of the scope of the problem if so.

Latest suport ref # 1488170

How can this be escalated???

Does anybody know how to get a fault like this escalated.

Fault continues on 19th March and makes the data feed counter productive - no data is better than duff data !

Comment

Delays

I think it's almost the same problem with the data feed. With opening of the US we cannot count on the data of esignal. They are not able to eliminate this problem. (I don't understand why ? Seems that th european market is not big enough, to invest money to provide "realtime"data.)
      In the US market they do not have this problems (never heard about)
      Because of this delayed data I lost appr. 2500,- EUR in the last 3 weeks.
      Looking for another provider should be the only solution to receive profesional data ?

I agree with with you, that no data is better than this.

Comment

When will this get fixed? Any alternatives to esignal ???

20th March - same problem.
        Still waiting on yesterday afternoons call back from support.

Can anyone recommend a data feed other than esignal???

Comment

Working...
        X