Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tickdata problem

hello,

cant get tickdata for $mid and mc m6 today?

server problems?

tomcat

Hi tomcat,

I don't believe we have had any server issues this morning & I am able to get live data on those symbols. What is your cursor window showing you when you put those symbols in to a chart?

Comment

hi ryans,

it is every day the same problem. in the morning cet it is not possible to get tickdata. this changes when the us market starts trading action.

see images below.

thanks

tomcat
      Attached Files

Comment

$rut
        Attached Files

Comment

mc m6
          Attached Files

Comment

tomcat
            That is because by default tick based charts are set to Dynamic and will request a single day of data only. If there is no data yet on the current day (or not enough data to complete a tick-based bar) then nothing gets displayed.
            The solution is to define the tick based intervals in your Time Template and request for each at least 2 days of data. To do this add a User Defined setting for Interval T in the Time Template that is being used in the chart and set the #Days to 2 (or more). If you also use other tick based charts (ie V, S, etc) you may want to add those too.
            This should ensure that your charts will display even before a market opens.
            Alex

Comment

alexis,

i tried it also with a time template for ten days. i will try it with a two day tick chart template tomorrow morning.

tomcat

Comment

tomcat
                You need to make sure that the Time Template has the specific definitions for the tick intervals ie T, V, S, or P (see the example below)
                Alex

Comment

alexis,

no problems any more.

thanks a lot.

tomcat

Comment

tomcat
                    You are most welcome
                    Alex

Comment

Working...