Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ping and tracert destination

Originally posted by JayF
    I don't see any reports coming into our Technical Support phone queue that are similar to this. There could be an issue at your ISP, or some hop in the route to our servers that is causing the problem. Being that it affected J-Trader as well I suspect it's closer to home. I'd run a trace route to cm1.dbc.com and use that output to back-up a call to your ISP.
    Hi,

although the connections are working properly today I tested the address provided: cm1.dbc.com .

I used the DOS prompt to enter the ping and tracert.
    I got funny results:
    Both in ping and tracert it says "Destination net unreachable."
    Tried ping three times with two results 75% loss and one with 100% loss.
    Says "Request timed out." and "Destination net unreachable."

Now, as I said, the Data Server is working like it should.
    How should the ping and tracert read when I got no connection?

Is there another address on which I can test my ISP connection?

Linus

ping and tracert both are fairly short timeouts, and they will also timeout after a certain number of hops. So all this is telling you is that there might be (and likely is) either a very long path to the destination (over 30 hops) or that there was one hop with a very long delay.

Note that paths into the silicon valley are notoriously long (many hops) so if you are getting a count of over 30 you could try using the flags to increase hop count for tracert and ping.

Also note - DoS attacks and viruses are on the rise, so many sites are seeing increase in latency. Only takes a few morons to spoil it for everyone...
    Garth

Comment

Try tracert or ping to this IP Address... 208.240.76.1 instead of the former address given.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
      X