Quote Window Formulas abandoned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaeffer

If you mean things like Price > $20, 90 day Volume > 600,000, Nasdaq stocks only, earnings this Qtr > last Qtr, then there are lots of end-of-day online sources to filter the universe of stocks down to a manageable watchlist with those criteria. I don't think of that kind of filtering as something eSignal should get into.
    I agree there are lots of online sources for EOD data, but I am talking about fully programmable EOD filter. If I want to filter portfolios based on EFS studies, the only option is for me to invest in another software.

Comment

For those that migrated (all of those years ago) from RavenQuotes to eSignal, this sounds very familiar ;-)

This is very powerful, but the caveat is it is also a recipe for overloading a system. Most people (note I do say most) only have a limited number of charts up at a time, but I have seen many a screen with literally 100's of symbols in their quote window.
      Garth

Comment

I would love to talk to you about this feature and how you are going to develop it. I have lots of experience with running efs robots. You know my number...??

Originally posted by ScottJ
        It's possible that the Dashboard window will be utilized to handle EFS scripts (since it already does this in some ways) and if so, then the recent improvements made to the Dashboard will only further enhance it's functionality. Those include letting the user determine the time frame for each dial, customizing the # of dials, allowing different studies in different Dashboards, enabling time templates and linking to the scanner and a dynamic text file.

So, to answer your question, no I don't think the dashboard work has pushed development backwards. If anything, all these improvements get us closer towards eventually having a powerful display tool for EFS scripts.

Thanks.
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

I think I can see the problem with possible overloading of the system. For those software that have this feature of running formulas and filters on portfolios, the calculations run on the user's machine (affter the user has downloaded the data), not on the server.

So with streaming prices from eSignal, I have to accept that this feature would be very difficult to introduce.

Comment

Working...
          X