No announcement yet.

Hooray Signal 10.3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite why 10.3 should be more susceptible to intermittent "missing" server data I don't know, but this report described similar behaviour with 10.2

link

SPY - no 1 min data, but do have 5min (ah, well, changing time template to RTH makes 5min go away, revertin gto 9:30 to 16:15 brings it back)
    $SPX - no 1 or 5 min
    IBM - have both.

Comment

Well, today, all 6 charts are dead with the 9:30 - 16:15 time template on the TF and ES 5 min 30 day charts. I change the time template to end at 16:14 or 16:20 and, voila, I get real-time data again.

My workaround is to flip time templates to get the charts live again. This kind of anomaly is really weird because one day your chart works and the next day it doesn't unless you fool with the time template.

Very frustrating.

Comment

Dave, I just read your alternate link on a similar problem with 10.2.

Yeah, it makes sense that the fault is more likely to be on the server side, not the application side. The application is just a dummy, waiting for notification of new data coming in before it responds to anything. If there's no new data, then real-time price bars don't update.

But the peculiar thing I've found is that changing the ending time on the time template, even if it's just by 1 min difference, brings the real-time data back to life.

Also on that thread, I have experienced problems downloading historical tick data late at night, around 12 AM to 2 AM. The data will pull down but, at any time during the data pull, it will just freeze up. There's no out-of-memory errors or pop-ups saying there's a problem. I have to close the dialog window and what's going to happen next is that I won't be able to pull tick data from that symbol again BUT, I can pull data from another symbol and it will work. It's like any symbol that gets stuck in a data pull will not be allowed to pull again that night.

The problem tends to occur on the weekends, late at night. If I do my weekly historical tick data pulls after the market closes each Friday for the 10 day max, I never have a problem.

Comment

Working...
        X