Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy & Sell Buttons

Hello,

I see in the latest issue of The Exchange that there is a feature to put buys & sells right on the chart. I have downloaded 10.4 but I don't have those buttons. Can someone help, please? Also, can the buys & sells be used for paper trading?

Thank you.
    Diane

Re: Buy & Sell Buttons

Diane
    The buttons are located in the Advanced Chart Toolbar [highlighted in red in the enclosed image] and are grayed out if the symbol is a non-tradeable symbol (an index for example). The Buy and Sell commands are also available in the context menu when you right click a chart
    Yes you can use them for paper trading
    Alex

Originally posted by Diane P
    Hello,

I see in the latest issue of The Exchange that there is a feature to put buys & sells right on the chart. I have downloaded 10.4 but I don't have those buttons. Can someone help, please? Also, can the buys & sells be used for paper trading?

Thank you.
    Diane

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for your fast response. However, since I trade only indices, I guess I can't use them. Too bad. What an asset they would be!
      Thanks ,again, for your most valued help.

Diane

Comment

Diane
        Just to clarify by index I mean symbols like $INDU, $COMPQ, $NDX which are not traded instruments
        Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for your fast response. However, since I trade only indices, I guess I can't use them. Too bad. What an asset they would be!
        Thanks ,again, for your most valued help.

Diane

Comment

Alex, I trade mostly the Russell 2000(symbol TO). That must not be included because the buttons don't show up - even shaded.

Diane

Comment

Diane
            What symbol are you charting?
            I was under the impression that the full sized Russell 2000 contract had been delisted in December 2008 (and in fact the charts for TO #F and for the specific contracts do not have any data past the beginning of January)
            Alex

Alex, I trade mostly the Russell 2000(symbol TO). That must not be included because the buttons don't show up - even shaded.

Diane

Comment

Alex,
              Sorry, my bad. The symbol is TF - mini Russell 2000.
              Diane

Comment

Diane
                As far as I can see the Buy/Sell buttons are available with TF
                Alex

Alex,
                Sorry, my bad. The symbol is TF - mini Russell 2000.
                Diane

Comment

Hi Diane,

The information Alexis gave is correct and I think there is one other thing that you may need to do to make the button acitve. Before the buttons will work you must have a default broker (in this case eSignal Paper Trading) set.

To set the default broker Click on Trade-->Preferences in the Integrated Trading window click on eSignal Paper Trading and click Make Defaulton the bottom left corner.

Then any symbol other then indice should make the Buy/Sell button active.

AveryH
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Avery,
                    Thanks so much. Your directions worked perfectly. My sincerest thanks to both you & Alex for your time & patience.

Diane

Comment

Diane,

I'm glad we could help.

AveryH
                      eSignal Support

Comment

I use MB Trading as my broker. I have followed the thread for making the grayed-out buy/sell active. I can make it work for the eSignal paper trading but not for MBT. There are only two "brokers" listed under Trade>Preferences: ActiveX Trading (no broker) and eSignal Paper. Is there a way to get MBT on that list so that I can use this feature?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello IsoTrader,

I'm guessing that when you connect using the MB Trading with eSignal you're using MB Navigator to launch eSignal.

If this is the case the options for trading from the charts is not an available feature for you. But if you would like to have access to trading from the charts you can download the MB Trading Plug- in 1473, this would add the MB Trading to the Trading menu. If you need assistance with downloading, installing or configuring the plug in please contact our Technical Support at 510.264.1700 option 2 for Technical Support

Once you have the plug in installed you have two options for connection to MB Trading.

1- Using the MB Navigator, this gives you the features of the navigator in eSignal. (Navigator Menu) which allows additional windows to be using in eSignal such as your watchlist, the option basket and other window. The drawback in that you do not get the features like trading from Charts or Trade Manager.

2- Using the Plug in- This removes the MB Navigator Menu and gives you the options of Trading from the charts, Trade manager and the account Manager.

Hopefully this will help. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

AveryH
                          eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                          X