Globex fee waiver program: questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearpicks,

The Auto Time Template hours for GC were a legacy setting from when the Globex was strictly traded at night and OpenCry (Pit Trades) were done during the day. When Globex went 24 hours and moved we must have missed updating the hours for this specific symbol.

A new file will be released this Friday that will correct these time template setting. As a workaround please continue using the custom time template you’ve created with the correct trading hours.

Comment

Starting yesterday I am having issues with CL V9=1.

Whenever I change timeframes, I 'lose' data - a gap on the chart - and with the next tick the chart updates its current position...but the gap remains.

Refreshing the chart does nothing.

edit: this now happening with GC 1! (I am subscribed to the full COMEX exchange)....very annoying

Last edited by arvane; 09-02-2009, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Hi AveryH,

Has the new file you mentioned been released? If so, where can I find it?

Regards,
        Clearpicks

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
        Clearpicks,

The Auto Time Template hours for GC were a legacy setting from when the Globex was strictly traded at night and OpenCry (Pit Trades) were done during the day. When Globex went 24 hours and moved we must have missed updating the hours for this specific symbol.

A new file will be released this Friday that will correct these time template setting. As a workaround please continue using the custom time template you’ve created with the correct trading hours.

Comment

Clearpicks,

The file is server-based so all users automatically get it.

Arvane,

We're looking into the issue you describe. Are you still seeing the issue today?

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

Sometime late yesterday after a program shutdown/restart the issue stopped.

It happened with CL V9=1 and GC 1! ( I wasn't watching anything else at the time).

And for reference, I had shutdown/waited 20sec/restarted the esignal before and that did not help.

Right now (330a CT) everything works fine.

Thanks,
            James

Comment

Thanks for the update James. If that happens again, please contact us via phone or LiveRep so we can check what server you are connecting to at that moment.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Scott,

The automatic time template for GC is still not correct. I am using eSignal 10.1.1291.910. Shouldn't it retrieve the file from the server as later eSignal builds such as 10.4 and 10.5? If so, why is it still not correct? Can I manually download and do a "patch"?

Clearpicks

Originally posted by ScottJ
                Clearpicks,

The file is server-based so all users automatically get it.

Thanks.

Comment

Clearpicks,

I apologize for the delay in getting this file uploaded. I have received the file for review and scheduled a time for early next week to get it on the servers.

Once again I apologize for the delay and for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Comment

I dont get any intraday data for CL. Instead i get the non entitled icon. I thought that crude oil is inculded in the Nymex Globex package and subject to the fee waiver?

BTW Nymex Globex is displayed as a authorized service within esignal Data Manager.

Regards,

Neo
                    Last edited by neo; 09-07-2009, 08:52 AM.
                    follow the white rabbit

Comment

neo,

It depends on the symbol you use. As we reference in this KB Article, if you use the symbol lookup tool, you'll get a complete list of symbols for each of the Globex groupings. CL #F=1 is a globex contract (and included in the fee-waiver pkg), CL #F or CL #F=2 are both NYMEX symbols as they include pit trading and hence are NOT included in the globex offering.

If you use that symbol lookup, it'll help you figure out every symbol you have access to.

Thanks.

Comment

Scott,

thanks for your help on this. CL #F=1 works fine intraday.

But for some reason CL #F=1 doesnt work with the new Forward/Yield Curve view.

Neo
                        follow the white rabbit

Comment

Hi Neo,

The Forward/Yield curve is using the root symbol to build that chart, not individual sessions. As a result, if you can't get a quote on CL #F, for ex, you can't get the forward/Yield curve either.

Thanks.

Comment

Is there an easy way to get ES market depth along with the fee-waived Globex data?

It seems from the pricing chart that in order to get ES market depth data you need to subscribe to CME level 1 or Globex level 1 first (i.e. not the fee-waived variety).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comment

I don't believe we've added the depth to the fee-waived package but we'll do some checking tomorrow and post again.

Thanks.

Comment

We need to add emini depth to the fee waiver package so it'll take some programming time. We may be able to do something in the interim for you so please PM your username and we'll see if we can modify your acct accordingly.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X