High and Low of Day alerts tigger together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
    This has been reported to Product Management as well as the developers to continue investigating. Once we have more information we'll report back.
    What is the status with this issue?

Comment

False HOD / LOD alert triggers

Am I wasting my time asking if this is every going to be fixed?

Or is the impossible situation that an index can simultaneously trigger an HOD and LOD alert not considered an issue or at least an annoyance?

Does anyone there understand that having to reset each of these false alerts EVERY SINGLE DAY erodes just a little bit more a users opinion of eSignal?

How many months has this glitch existed? If the imminent(?) new release makes fixing this not worth the effort after all this time, can you at least say that (or maybe it will still exist in the new release)?

shaeffer

Comment

Shaeffer,

I know the alerts have been a major issue for you and I apologize that I have not done a better job of communicating their status.

I have notice some changes to the Alerts in eSignal11, the way they are set is different than that of previous version. I should have a more definitive answer of their status after market opens in the morning. I'll post back then letting you know.

Comment

Shaeffer,

The changes to the alerts in eSignal 11 appears to work for the Highs and Lows for individual struments. Global alerts have not yet been added but are on the way. Once they are added we can then repeat the test.

More information will be available in the coming month as the developers add features and fix bugs. I'll keep you posted as more information become available.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Avery.

I was thinking maybe this was a server issue, and so the fix would one day appear in 10.6. Since your answer only referred to eSignal11, will the fix never occur in 10.6?

I gotta admit, I was surprised by your comment that global alerts aren't in 11 yet. I thought its final release was imminent. What is the target final release date now?

Regards
            shaeffer

Comment

Shaeffer,

We have a release date set for early January to have eSiganl11 ready and available. With this date quickly approaching a major part of development is focused there.

We'll continue to monitor the progress of this issue and report any new findings.

Comment

Hello Avery,

I will assume then that this will never be fixed in 10.6.

Regards
                shaeffer

Comment

That's most likely the case I'm afraid. Engineering has moved on to the new code base so the old code is in maintenance mode.

Thanks.

Comment

Simultaneous hod/lod alerts still occurring 70 minutes after the open, in 10.6. Would this not happen in 11?

Thanks
                    shaeffer
                    Attached Files

Comment

Shaeffer,

Because Global Alerts have not been added to the eSignal 11 the simultaneous HOD and LOD alerts you've previously saw in 10.6 would not happen in eSignal11.

To set an alerts eSignal 11 require entering specific numbers and operators (see example below). The number highlighted in red would need to be manually entered for the alert to be active.

Setting the alerts prior to open would be a little more difficult to do as the High or Low would not have been established yet.

Global Alerts are "In Backlog" on the Developers List so this is a promising sign. But right now they're not give an version release or ETA on when they'll be out.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X