Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

multiple crashes at open - running both 10.6 & 11.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple crashes at open - running both 10.6 & 11.

Today, at 9:26 the Error report window popped up. I sent a it, and then eSignal 10.6 closed. 11 was running and continued to.

I lost all my setup, pivots, trends etc I had set up for the open. Lots of blue air from my trading room.

At 9:32, eSignal 10.6 closed (after going gray with "not responding") NO ERROR BOX AT ALL. I then rebooted my computer.

I restared eSignal 10.6 and DID NOT START 11. So far, at 10:45 it is still running.

It goes without saying that this is unexceptable . One can not day trade without COMPLETE CONFIDENCE IN HIS SOFTWARE.

NOTE; I also run Market Delta (on the eSignal data feed) and Schwab's StreetSmart Pro. This has been normal for me for over a year so there should not be any interference.

JGR, I also had multiple lockups this morning on version 10.6. I restart and within 5 minutes, charts stop and (Not Responding) shows up. Also, I look at the Application window in the Windows Task Manager screen and see TWO copies of my eSignal Page shown (both not running). If it starts running again, one of the applications goes away.

I am now doing most of my charting using my broker's system. (MBT Navigator Pro) It has no lockup problem.

It is almost impossible to day trade with charts locking up at random times, usually when the activity level is the highest and it is most critical to have the charts available.

Comment

More of same. This AM, about 5 seconds after the market opened, eSignal stopped working, at least the part that was not detached. Ultimatel, I had to use Ctrl - Alt- Del to kill it. Then I shut the machine OFF and brought it up from cold start. It is now working, maybe.

I was also running 11 Beta. I had started 11 Beta before 10.6 and 11 Beta had a detached chart. It crashed a bunch. Then I got rid of the detached chart - still crashes.

Running both 10.6 and 11 Beta now without any detached charts on the Beta.

Comment

Working...
      X