Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V11 hardly useable version - Dont download it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V11 hardly useable version - Dont download it!

eSignal system analysts: I am wondering why this version was released at all. Competition with rivals? Restless System Programmer or manager that was far behind schedule? Who knows?

If you looking for cheap program testers - advertise it in a local paper and pay for it!

What you released is useless. This version is not only lacking features that were introduces in ver. 7 long time ago, but also is hardly functional. Is there any Q&A dept. that is seriously checking the software???

Here are just some of the problems:
    1. Data that is accessible in Ver. 10 is not in ver. 11? Why? - God knows!
    2. Bar spacing can be increased and decreased by moving the time scale as in the old GET program. Good but why the toolbar with the spacing icon was taken off view?
    3. Same with Auto scale, Log scale and so on.
    4. In candle stick bars on HAVE TO double click on the "Show Border" field in order NOT to show the border even that it was unticked!
    5. "Set as default" - in charts does not work. That means if you want to create new chart with the same settings AND indicators - NO WAY! - start from scratch!
    So those are only few bugs from 23 more that I have found in an hour from installing it! they were probably never tested - SHAME ON YOU eSIGNAL!
    Well at least I will not be your genie pig tester. When you release ver. 11.1 or 11.2 I will have a look again. I am here for trading and not for FREE testing!

One can also wonder why eSignal is so happy to enable running both ver 10 and 11 at the same time? That is not a new feature - that is because eSignal know that V11 is a beta and not in gold stage!

Last edited by fafot; 01-09-2011, 01:22 AM.

I downloaded the new version but unable to arrange the page layout or adjust bar spacing as I like them (I have used the old version almost 10 years...). Thanks god the new version downloaded in a new folder and the old version continues without any problem. For the time I do not invest any more time to upgrade my system to V 11.

Comment

Missing data products

I have to agree with the above posters. My main gripe is that I can't access data like CL, GC, DX etc that I can with Esignal vers 10. What's the story here?

Comment

For all "end of day" Quotes I have no data available. Other data are ok, but slow to update.

I even can't find out how to arrange windows within pages to my liking. Only "detach windows" gives me the option to rearrange them. When "attach" them to the page all of them are "full screen" again.

Resizing Bar spacing has no affect.

Comment

2. Bar spacing can be increased and decreased by moving the time scale as in the old GET program. Good but why the toolbar with the spacing icon was taken off view?
          You cannot make price bars larger past a certain point. Then, the bars will no longer enlarge but just separate more and more until there's only 1 bar left on the screen. I posted a separate thread with pics of v10 vs v11 on this that you can review. Saying that, I noticed after I posted a thread on this that, in the v10 vs v11 feature comparison list, there's a line item that says "stretch bars" and it's unchecked for v11. I'm guessing that maybe we're talking about one in the same here and there's already a trouble ticket produced on this very issue.

For me, personally, I cannot use v11 at this time to help me make a living in trading the e-mini futures in real-time. That's a fact. I have to wait until the v11 release schedule feature-complete list catches up enough with what v10 already provides me with error-free operation.
          Last edited by SteveH; 01-09-2011, 10:44 AM.

Comment

asch6,

if you create more than one chart on a page, you should be able to arrange multiple charts together, without detaching them. strange that there is no button on titlebar to non-maximize a chart.

looks like double-clicking titlebar serves that function.
            Last edited by atlas; 01-09-2011, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Maybe this will help?

1- Click the "eS" logo - upper LH corner
              2- At the bottom, click "Application Properties"
              3- Under the "Appearance" menu, look at the item "Window Mode"
              If you use "Docked" it'll auto-resize to have charts fill existing space.

Instead, try choosing "Standard" mode. Then you should be able to open multiple charts, and manually size them each like you want them.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I have spend a few days looking at V11 and have to say that this version is an embarrassing proposal to all long time ESignal users. It seems like one of these cheap Forex Broker charting packages...except..those usually work.
                After building a few pages with multiple charts it started to crash after only a few seconds.....all that work for nothing.

Where can you save templates? Always need to rebuild from scratch? Where are the useful toolbars?
                Can't even save the bar spacing...
                The only thing that needed to be improved in a new version was the page managing feature which looks promissing in V11. Can't trade with this......

There was no need for a release at this point.....

Comment

i agree should not have gone Gold. maybe another two months. what i do for templates, is just save a chart type i like to a folder, and open it and save it to a different symbol. For me i use one chart per page, less clutter. You can also right-click on page, and Duplicate (although there is a bug where, if you duplicate a page the efs studies properties on the duplicated charts cannot be changed. They immediately revert back to the settings of the original chart/page).

Comment

Have to agree, it is a shocking release.

I have only been using for about an hour, my big issues are

1. No Bar Replay
                    2. No Chart Templates
                    3. Cant right click on chart and add alert at the level you clicked on.

Come on eSignal this really not good enough.

Comment

eSignal people - I am wondering if you need more complaints to take back this "Great GOLD" release and convert it to Beta instead?

Comment

billbled: thx. Resizing problem is fixed using "Standard".

Bar Spacing Option: I do not see any change.

In V10 I used

"increase Bar/decrease bar width" and
                        "increase Bar/decrease bar spacing"

to adjust my layout. How to do it in V11?

"End of day" Quotes does not work. In V10 no problem (SI#F, GC#F, CL#F)

Comment

There has been a great deal of hand-wringing and lamenting regarding Versions 11 [beta and 'gold']. Many board members seem incredulous that the developers have done this or that, and are upset that various Version 10 features appear to have been dropped. One possible explanation is that at some firms software developers have never traded a single contract or share and, in fact, their employment agreements discourage them from doing so. Many developers, therefore, do not have the sensibility and mindset of traders -- they are focused only on algorithms, models, formulas, programs, etc.

With the foregoing in mind, I hope that the various e-Signal employees who look at our messages [e.g., product managers/administrators/moderators/development support, etc., will forcefully bring board-member concerns to the attention of the developers. Like many of you I loved Version 10.6, but recognize that changes in this field are inevitable. Again, one must hope the various board criticisms and suggestions reach the ears of the developers.

pot

Comment

Hi Pot,

as a costumer I do not care about all that...I do have to imagine that one sweet day 10.6 is not going to be supported anymore. So the new product that I am supposed to use has to be a professional one...not such a......!!!!!
                            It's not finished and it's not working properly. If that is the future with ESignal I am going to look for something else...

Comment

muecke:

I am TOTALLY with you. I use Version 10.6 and am not looking for any changes [which regardless of my feelings are already in the pipeline]. That is why I'm asking the message-adjudicators to "forcefully" bring board-member concerns to the developers' attention.

pot

Comment

Working...
                              X