Serious Problem in v.10.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Problem in v.10.6

I am trying this forum as a last resort for help. This is a simple problem. I am unable to save any chart once i add a line study and in particular the default line tool 'Andrews Pitchfork'. I have been running Esignal for some years without a problem and also Ensign Windows and another platform MT4 . Since Jan 2011 i started getting two error warnings when i tried to save any chart as a page/file/layout
    'Failed to save document or 'Parameter is incorrect'. I spoke to the support team in London over many days and after many upgrades & reinstallments ended up reformatting XP last week and reinstalling 10.6
    Now all i need to do is pull up a chart and add a P-Fork and try to save it and Hey Presto... i have the same error warnings.
    This is with all newly installed 10.6 at default setttings no templates/indicators/studies/scripts running and only one measly pitchfork line line tool.
    I have found Ensign also has file dbcapi.dll
    and have not delated this in Ensign but have always deleted as advised on the Esignal KB the winros. ,and others file attachments. Please can someone help me as I need to sort this problem out. The only hardware that has been added around the time this problem started was another monitor but i doubt this is hardware configuration problem. Pls remember i have newly installed XP so can rule out corrupted Windows files.
    Help me please!
    Attached Files

Support tells me

After a very helpful call from tech support and alot of tests I understand that this problem is due to a modification/fix that was made to 10.6 in Jan/Feb this year this is a global problem and that anyone who draws a pitch fork will experience the same problem with saving a file/page/layout. I hope that it will be resolved quickly.

Comment

Plant99,

Thank you for the post and we apologize for the inconvenience, we have be able to duplicate the issue you've reported here and have forwarded it on to our Product Manager and Developers who will continue to investigate the issue. Once we have more information we'll post back to you.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Programming error in all ES 10 versions

Thanks Avery, Just an update. I have uninstalled and reinstalled/rebooted( as per the knowledge base with winros. and others files removed) ES 10.6 (1879), 10.1 and all earlier versions of ES 10 all of which have the same error.
        This is a simple problem to reproduce for anyone running ES 10.6 or any version (not 11) running the 10 series. Pull up any advanced monthly futures chart.
        Draw one or two pitchforks (with warning lines with say, values 2. and 3) or inner lines if you prefer and then try to save as page/files or layout. I can only presume others have encountered this problem?
        I am hoping that this can be resolved quickly or at least a fix found for me personally as this problem has been running since early Spring 2011.
        Last edited by plants99; 07-27-2011, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Any news or progress regarding this problem

Any news on a possible resolution to this basic problem?
          Surely the development team can help undo whatever software changes were made to 10.6 this February or at least produce a fix?

Comment

We thank you for your continued support and patience as we investigate the cause of this problem.

While troubleshooting this we did find a workaround that could be used until a resolution could be implemented.

Create a User Defined Monthly Time Template that downloads 275 bars, add this new Time Template to your charts and then your pitchfork. From there you should be able to save the chart/page without getting the error.

We've tested on both the version of eSignal 10.6.1879 and newer version 10.6.2224. Attached below is a screenshot of the setting for the MonthlyTime Template

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Thank you!

Thanks to Avery and Co.
              This initially worked with 275 monthly bar TTemplate...Using the TT (The Template was added to the chart before any studies were drawn) I then repeatedly saved after various default line studies were added but after several hours producing a chart study (using Cotton futures) building up multiple forks and reaction lines and using a custom pitchfork EFS script added the same error warning messages were apparent when i tried to save the chart as either file/page/layout. removal of the specialty script made no difference. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings and thanks for your ongoing help.
              Let me know if you make any progress.

PS: Due to the fact that I specifically work in very high time frames then drop down to daily and 240min charts to see the matrix of suppport/resistance offered by the reaction lines emanating fom these forks I am greedy for historical data. So in the case of Cotton futures for example the default monthly chart goes back to 1972 but 275 monthly bars only gives you a starting date of about 1988.
              Can i ask you, is 275 the maximum number of monthly bars or is this an arbitary number chosen for programming reasons?
              Last edited by plants99; 08-06-2011, 07:46 AM.

Comment

image using 275 Monthly TT.

see below ref last post
                Attached Files

Comment

plants99,

To better help troubleshoot this issue approximately how many Pitchforks are being added to the charts? And is the custom pitchfork from the eSignal formulas or an EFS you purchased?

Originally the issue was thought to be related to Anchors that were outside the price bars and from what I could see any instruments that dated past 1985.

AveryH
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Avery, I am almost sure the number of PF's is not the problem as i get the error warning ( failed to save file or parameter incorrect even when i add a single PF to a clean monthly chart having reinstalled/rebooted (as per the KB0 ES and with no exisiting charts/pages/files etc. FYI my studies on each chart usually end up with somewhere between 12-20 PF's plus manually drawn warning and reaction lines which can easily approach 80-100 lines (plus the 15-20 PF's (default PF).
                    The EFS script is under development & coded by Chris Kryza but the problem pre-dates this tool / EFS script.
                    Bottom line is that for nearly 3 years i have been able to draw these charts yp and until Jan/Feb 2011. What is bizzare is that i am able to open previously saved chart files with very detailed multiple line/PF studies and add/edit these studies and re-save the chart with no error warnings but yet to pull up a fresh/clean futures chart of say Cotton or Rice( monthly) and add one simple default pitchfork and get the error warning (without adding warning lines ie values 2,3,4 or Fibs etc).

Comment

plants99,

Thanks for the additional information we're continuing to investigate the issue and will post back with our findings.

AveryH
                      eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                      X