Excel problem updating Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel problem updating Windows 7

I run 2 machines, 1 xp and 1 windows 7. I update an excel spreadsheet at the end of the day using the dde links.

From about three weeks back, my windows 7 machine is no longer updating the data. Excel just hangs. The xp machine works like normal and esignal updates excel with no problems.

I get the following error code from excel

Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1

Application Name: EXCEL.EXE

Application Version: 11.0.8341.0

Application Timestamp: 4e29ab82

Hang Signature: f5ca

Hang Type: 32

Waiting on Application Name: rundll32.exe

Waiting on Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: f5caedc1191bf9ec2bec9fa147df3c14

Additional Hang Signature 2: 4cff

Additional Hang Signature 3: 4cfff8258521a78046f74b39ea0c707e

Additional Hang Signature 4: f5ca

Additional Hang Signature 5: f5caedc1191bf9ec2bec9fa147df3c14

Additional Hang Signature 6: 4cff

Additional Hang Signature 7: 4cfff8258521a78046f74b39ea0c707e

any idea, TIA

excel

This is looking like it could be a more serious issue than just eSignal and the DDE linking. If other aspects of Excel are working, one thing I can suggest is that you start the programs up in this order and see if you still have the problems.

Start the eSignal DM by itself first
    -click on the start globe
    -click all programs
    -click the eSignal folder
    -click on the Data Manager

Once that's done, start Excel with your normal spreadsheet and see if it will update.

If this doesn't fix the issue I would suggest fully removing eSignal and reinstalling the program. Hope this helps
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Excel problems

I tried using just the data manager and that didn't work and finally uninstalled both 11 and 10. did a restart before reinstalling and I still can't get Excel to work.

Any other suggestions would be great.

TIA

Comment

excel

Are you running the same version of Excel on both systems?
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

Yes, I am.

Comment

DDE

Same version of Excel on both system and same worksheets on both systems... The only thing different is the OS at this point, correct?

At this point there isn't a lot else I can suggest. The fact that the program is hanging and waiting for the rundll32.exe is a bit strange to me. One thing that you can try is repairing Excel. If you are running Excel 2010 you can go to your Control Panel >> Programs and Features>> then to to Microsoft Office 2010 or Excel 2010. Click Change and then click repair when it asks. If this doesn't fix the issue, then I suggest removing and reinstalling Excel on this system.

As I said in a previous post, this seems like more than a DDE issue. Some clients have had some success after a complete reinstall of Excel on Windows 7 64 bit environments. Please let me know how this goes.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

I tried the reinstall and that didnt' work either.

Makes me wonder if it was caused by one of the microsoft updates in the last few weeks......

Any other ideas; I'm trying to avoid a clean wipe but am not ruling that out

Comment

Excel

It's possible that a windows update could've done this. Have you attempted to restore the system back to a previous date, before the update took place?
                Thank you,
                Eric O.
                eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                X