using market profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using market profile

hi all, I found this thread to be most recent so I wanted to ask a question about esignal's market profile

First: is there a video tutorial on the functionality?

I notice the POC changes when I resize the chart while keeping the time fram the same. this concerns me because depnding on how I size it the POC moves around...I would understand this if I was just changing time frames....I don't understang the force tick either; I primarily trade the ES...so when I adjust the tick size and value it doesn't seem to make a difference on the chart.

ANY help is very appreciated..

Thanks for all you do at eSignal.

Pcarma

market profile

You might find the following links regarding market profile helpful.

Please let me know if further assistance in needed
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

using market profile

Thank you for those links...the first one doesn't play, and the second link played perfectly. It did give me some needed help but I have more questions.

I am trading the ES, the POC is important to me but when I adjust the chart it changes dramatically..I am using the30 minute time frame, how can I be sure where the POC is....can you help me with the settings as well? should it be a full screen chart? should the tick be set to .25 and value to 1? should it be run primarily on an RTH time frame or a futures time frame? if I split the TPO's does that alter the POC?

These are some questions, but any more reading material,videos or phone help that you can provide for me would be helpful. I have searched the web for more info but that info is referencing different software and it not helpful, other than gaining more knowledge about the market profile concept.
      Thanks again,
      Pcarma

Comment

using market profile

I just found the problem with the first video..I was using a browser that it didn't like...watching now...thanks again please send any info on those previous questions...thanks!
        Pcarma

Comment

Working...
        X