Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer

Hello,
    I just installed eSignal 10.6 on a new computer. However, I can't find all my studies. Do they not transfer over?
    Thanks,
    Diane

EFS

Studies should be included in the formulas folder in the default eSignal directory. These may need to pulled manually from the older system and transfered using email or thumb drive
    Thank you,
    Eric O.
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks, Eric. I appreciate the help.
      Diane

Comment

Can't Open Formulas

Hi,
        I thought my problem was solved, but I guess not. I finally found the formulas file on this new computer, but when I clicked on any of the formulas, I get a message that says that windows can't open the file and that the file type is unknown. Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,
        Diane

Comment

transferring formulas

Yeah you don't want to let windows open the files. Should be able to right click a chart within the eSignal program and then go down to formulas and then select the one you want to add to a chart.

If you are having this trouble when you are trying to transfer the formulas that's a different story. Again, you don't want to open the formulas but either attach them to an email or put them on a thumb drive to transfer them to the new computer.
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Still Computer Problem

Hello,
            I finally found the formulas folder on this new computer. However, when I click on any formula, I get a message that says that windows can't open the file, and the file type is unknown. Can anyone help, please?
            Thanks,
            Diane

Comment

Hi Eric,
              OK - now I can add a formula to the chart, but I can't open the formula to make any changes.
              Diane

Comment

within 10.6 you can click on tools at the top of the screen and then select EFS and then editor. From here you can click on the file open icon and navigate to the formula you would like to edit.
                Thank you,
                Eric O.
                eSignal Support

Comment

Thank You, Eric! That worked perfectly. Now I'm going to try to eMail my formulas from my other computer. Thanks again.

Diane

Comment

Hi Eric,
                    I have 2 formulas that I'm using as samples. I was able to get them on my desktop, but I can't navigate them to the formulas folder or to tools, efs. Any suggestions?
                    Thanks again ,
                    Diane

Comment

The fomulas have to be moved from your desktop to the formulas folder in the eSignal directory.

path: c:\Program File\eSignal\Formulas
                      Thank you,
                      Eric O.
                      eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Eric,
                        I transfered all my formulas to the proper path. I can see them in the computer, but they won't come up in the formulas section on my charts. Any suggestions?
                        Thanks,
                        Diane

Comment

If the new computer is running Windows 7 then you will have to place them in the virtual store as well. The path for that is as follows:

c:\users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files or Program Files(x86) if it's there\eSignal\Formulas

Keep in mind in order to see the "AppData" folder you will have to have hidden files visable. To do this, go to your C:\ drive, click on Organize in the upper left, click Folder and Search Options, click the View tab and put a bullet next to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
                          Thank you,
                          Eric O.
                          eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Eric,

I Now have all my formulas and can apply them to my charts.
                            However, when I go to Tools and Open, I can't open any of the formulas to make changes. Can you help again? Thanks so much.

Diane

Comment

Did the formulas get moved? They should still be in this menu if they are still in the directories listed below

c:\program files\eSignal\Formulas and
                              c:\users\\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\eSignal\Formulas
                              Thank you,
                              Eric O.
                              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                              X