ver 11.4 beta freezes computer after running for less than 10 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ver 11.4 beta freezes computer after running for less than 10 minutes

Using the pages that ran fine in ver 11.3, as ver 11.4 loads them it freezes the computer until all monitors turn black and I have to turn off the computer via the case off button.

It uses up all the resources, Windows popup (only displayed once before the monitors blacked out) stated it was low on resources possibly due to screen color schematics or something like that. Screens blacked out before I could copy the information.

I have to reload ver 11.3.

My setup is Win 7, 64 bit Ultimate on an Intel I7-940 processor. I used the 64 bit 11.3 and 11.4 versions.

Wayne

Same Problem Here. I have to reload 11.3

Comment

I also had problems with 11.4RC freezing after downloading the original build (2618) from here:
      http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=27329
      It's still listed there.

But after installing build 2623 from the following page I've had no problem with freezing.
      http://www.esignal.com/products/download.aspx

Comment

I froze using the 32-bit versions 11.4.2618 and 11.4.2623.

In my case, just the Esignal applications and windows froze shortly after loading a page. Usually some quotes and charts would update, and then the Esignal windows would become unresponsive. the data manager continued to work fine in feeding quotes to a spreadsheet..

I had to rollback to 11.3

Comment

As I said below I had no freezing problems with build 2623. However that lasted for only 3 days. Today 2623 started freezing. Once just 11 froze, and twice the whole computer froze.
          It seems to be brought on when you jump here and there too quickly. Not an actual case, but for example you change the symbol in a chart and before the chart completely loads you perform another function.
          Still, before it started freezing, I had used 11.4 today for several hours, opened and closed it 2 or 3 times, without any problem, which was much better than with build 2618.

Originally posted by jay60
          I also had problems with 11.4RC freezing after downloading the original build (2618) from here:
          http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=27329
          It's still listed there.

But after installing build 2623 from the following page I've had no problem with freezing.

Comment

Freezing

Our developers are looking into the freezing issues that some clients are experiencing. In order to get to the bottom of this they may need examples of the some of the pages that are causing the issues. I will be PM'ing some clients to see if I can get these examples and I will post here once I have some more information.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

latest eSignal 11.4 RC

We have just updated the eSignal 11.4 RC. Please download this version if see if you experience the same issue with the freezing. I believe this version fixes the issue. Please let me know.

Thank you,
              Eric O.
              eSignal Support

Comment

Re: latest eSignal 11.4 RC

Hi Eric,

I used build 2631 today for 5 hours and it didn't freeze even once. I also had 5 IE tabs open and memory dropped down to about 25%. So then I pushed it as hard as I could to try and make it freeze and it still didn't. Looks as though you fixed it! But I'll be using 11.4 all day over the weekend and will let you know if it's still OK after that.

Originally posted by eostrom
                We have just updated the eSignal 11.4 RC. Please download this version if see if you experience the same issue with the freezing. I believe this version fixes the issue. Please let me know.

Last edited by jay60; 03-16-2012, 06:30 AM.

Comment

I left Build 11.4.2631, Mar 14, 2012 run overnight and woke up this morning to the eSignal "Reporting a Problem" window and eSignal had shut itself down.

I'll see if I can get more information today.

Wayne

Comment

Eric,
                    I downloaded latest version and I continue to get notifications after about an hour or so that resources are low. At this point, my computer is crawling so I just close down 11.4.
                    Joe

Comment

@jrabil - what are the specs on your system? Also did you do a clean install of the new release?
                      Thank you,
                      Eric O.
                      eSignal Support

Comment

I ran build Build 11.4.2631 and it worked fine at first but after a while it slowed the computer to a crawl siting that the computer was low on physical memory. I had to reboot. I'm installing ver 11.3.

Followed tech spt instructions to:

1 - save chart styles in ver 11.3
                        2 - back up pertinent directories and files (except page files), just in case
                        3 - save the ver 11.3 style templates (file name: "chart.xml") to an easy to find directory (style templates are stored in "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Interactive Data\eSignal\StyleTemplates\chart.xml" where xxx is the user's name in windows)
                        4 - uninstall ver 11.3 then install ver 11.4...
                        5 - copy "chart.xml" from ver 11.3 backup to C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Interactive Data\eSignal\StyleTemplates\" replacing existing "chart.xml" or renaming it if you want to keep it.
                        6 - open a ver 11.4 default page found in: "C:\Users\waynecd\Documents\Interactive Data\eSignal\Pages\" by double clicking on it (I opened the "Hot Lists.page" page)
                        7 - create a new page and new charts as needed
                        8 - add saved ver 11.3 chart styles to charts created in ver 11.4... as needed.

Wayne
                        Last edited by waynecd; 03-16-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

eSignal 11.4

@waynecd - So far with the latest version I have only seen one other report of similar behavior. The workaround/fix that worked for the report I'm talking about was to have the client completely remove eSignal from the system and do a clean install of the latest version. This is something that you might want to try once we have the official release of the eSignal 11.4 version.
                          Thank you,
                          Eric O.
                          eSignal Support

Comment

@eostrom

I'll wait for the final version but I did a clean install the for last try I posted below. I only copied over my formulas and the chart.xlm so I hope the final version does better.

Wayne

Comment

1.System is low on resources probably because even newest version has multiple - 6 interactivedataservice.exe running and 4 efsservice.exe running at once - I suppose thats' not ok - it eats system resources. I run win xp sp3.

2.Also can't place trades on CL K2=1 or any futures contract with "=1".

3. Still we have no option to configure buttons in trading panel to different order types, i.e. stop, limit etc.
                              Last edited by skirmantas; 03-18-2012, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X