Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: latest eSignal 11.4 RC

Hi Eric,

I just used build 2631 for 2 full days without a single freeze and with 7 pages open. I tried to find how far it would go before freezing and opened 7 very heavily loaded pages, IB's TWS, the platform of a local broker and 5 IE sites on a 31/2 year old Vista laptop with only a 2GB memory. Available memory fell to zero but 11.4 still ran like a Rolls Royce. Could still jump from page to page instantly. True, this was not during market hours, but the previous 11.4 builds froze outside market hours with only one page open.
    And this wasn't a clean installation. 2631 was installed over 2623, that over 2618, and that over 11.3.

Originally posted by eostrom
    We have just updated the eSignal 11.4 RC. Please download this version if see if you experience the same issue with the freezing. I believe this version fixes the issue. Please let me know.

http://www.esignal.com/products/download.aspx
    Last edited by jay60; 03-18-2012, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: latest eSignal 11.4 RC

I also tried 2631 on a 6 year old XP desktop with a 2GB memory for 2 hours. No freezing with it either.

Originally posted by jay60
      Hi Eric,

I just used build 2631 for 2 full days without a single freeze and with 7 pages open. I tried to find how far it would go before freezing and opened 7 very heavily loaded pages, IB's TWS, the platform of a local broker and 5 IE sites on a 31/2 year old Vista laptop with only a 2GB memory. Available memory fell to zero but 11.4 still ran like a Rolls Royce. Could still jump from page to page instantly. True, this was not during market hours, but the previous 11.4 builds froze outside market hours with only one page open.
      And this wasn't a clean installation. 2631 was installed over 2623, that over 2618, and that over 11.3.
      Last edited by jay60; 03-18-2012, 07:35 AM.

Comment

So far I only see Win XP as the OS (thus eSignal 32 bit version) where 11.4 works well. Maybe the issue is with the 64 bit version of eSignal 11.4...

Wayne

Comment

We have clients on both windows 7 64 and 32 reporting that freezing has been fixed in both. This issue is definitely unique. We may need some pages so that we do some more testing on this issue. I sent a PM with my email address. If you could attach your page/pages to an email and email them to me I can have our developers look at this issue specifically. Please let me know.
          Thank you,
          Eric O.
          eSignal Support

Comment

Eric,
            I did a clean re-install of latest version and so far, so good. No resource leak at this point. I have all my typical programs running as well so this is a good sign. It has been running since 9am EST. I will let you know if that changes.
            Joe

Comment

@Eric O.

If you could attach your page/pages to an email and email them to me I can have our developers look at this issue specifically.
              I will wait for the final release & follow your previous instructions first. I'll post the results.

Wayne
              Last edited by waynecd; 03-19-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

The freezing problem still exists in the latest release of ver 11.4 (Build 11.4.2666, Apr 19, 2012) so I'm back to using 11.3.

Does 11.4 have a Performance Monitor like or better than 10.6?

If so that might narrow down the issue so I can create a test efs if that is where the issue is.

Wayne

Comment

11.4 doesn't have a performance monitor like the 10.6 version had. With efs files and the pages, our developers are able to narrow down what is causing these freezing issues and fix them though. I will PM my email address so that these can be provided.
                  Thank you,
                  Eric O.
                  eSignal Support

Comment

@eostrom

Thanks for the email and follow-up. I can't release my personal studies but I believe the issue is the number of studies I have, especially on my 2 100T charts of the "ES #F" and "6E #F". I ran a page for each symbol for a total of two pages with two charts in each (a 100T and a 3 minute chart).

Ver 11.3 runs fine except that when there is a spike in activity the chart stalls/slows temporarily and then resumes normal charting when it catches up.

Based on my tests (below) my conclusion is that 11.4 (64 Bit) doesn't manage RAM memory as well as 11.3 (64 Bit) . I will increase my memory to 12 GB from 6 GB to see if that resolves the problem.

I created a new hard drive partition and installed Win 7 Pro 64 bit OS, installed ver. 11.4 (64 Bit) created new pages, new charts, and manually loaded my studies and settings.

I then ran it from about 5 AM until it quit at around 7 AM when a pop-up stated that system memory was running low because too many charts or studies were loaded and it froze and severly slowed all other Windows 7 operations until a while after I shut down eSignal (I shut 11.4 down before it had a chance to freeze my computer). It ran fine until there was a spike in activity around 7 AM. At the same time, Windows 7 Resource Monitor plotted a spike in RAM usage up near the max RAM installed (6 GB).

Wayne
                    Last edited by waynecd; 04-24-2012, 05:42 AM.

Comment

I have the same problems since I'm using 11.4(on einstallation XP 32Bit and one Win7 64Bit). What can I do?

Comment

@zottl

The first thing to try in solving this, is a complete removal and reinstall of the eSignal program. This includes the directory as well as the registry keys. If you need assistance with this, please contact our support team from the following link.

http://www.esignal.com/support/esignal/contactus.aspx
                        Thank you,
                        Eric O.
                        eSignal Support

Comment

@eostrom

I've reinstalled on both PCs but it did not help. It's interesting that the it's worse on the XP x32 machine although it's a 3,2Ghz Core2Duo 8500. The Win7 x64 is a E8400 with 3,0GHz but the CPU isn't spiking so often. What should I do now?

Comment

de/re

I understand that a reinstall didn't fix the issue and I don't believe it will unless a full removal of the program is done first. This involves deleting directories as well as registry keys. If you're not comfortable going into the registry and deleting the keys then I suggest contacting one of our tech support reps to assist with this. If you are comfortable with this then I can PM you the instructions so that you can do this on your own. Please let me know when possible. Thank you
                            Thank you,
                            Eric O.
                            eSignal Support

Comment

No, I did as you told me. I've uninstalled eSignal, searched for all occurences of 'Interactive Data" on C:\ and also in the registry and deleted everything I found. But unfortunately all that did not help. Please send me your instructions to see if I've deleted everything what's necessary.
                              Last edited by zottl; 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Sounds like you may have gotten them already. Would you be able to provide your page or pages so that we can do some test here? I'll PM you and addres to email them to.
                                Thank you,
                                Eric O.
                                eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                                X