No announcement yet.

any general problem ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been a Signal and then eSignal user since 1987. This is the first outage in 27 years. This is frustrating to be sure but that record is more than reliable. Many of us can get real time streaming quotes from our broker's trading platform.

Comment

After an hour and forty minutes in the queue I was finally able to talk to eSignal Tech Support. I was asked for my User Name so that my Password could be regenerated after which I was able to connect. Thankfully, this does not happen often but when it does the eSignal Support Staff is overwhelmed. It seems potentially feasible to me that an automated procedure could be written which would allow a User to supply his User Name to a special "fix it" routine and the Password could be automatically regenerated bypassing the need for individual attention by Support Staff. If this could be done then the long down times might be averted.

Comment

This looks to be resolved at this point. Please shut down the program and restart it to get connected. If you are still having an issue please contact our tech support team. thank you
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

It is NOT resolved for me, and I can't get through to tech support. I have shut down my eSignal, wiated 20 minutes and tired again twice. It does not connect

Comment

There are still a few users that are having issues, we are working to process these as well.
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

I finally reached Technical Support. He tried to get me logged in but could not. He reset my password but told me I must wait about one hour to try again. This problem is NOT fixed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                I have been a Signal and then eSignal user since 1987. This is the first outage in 27 years. This is frustrating to be sure but that record is more than reliable. Many of us can get real time streaming quotes from our broker's trading platform.
                I think that this is a very good point. Most people that use eSignal do not have backup charting in place precisely because of how reliable eSignal has been-- so everyone is caught completely unprepared during an event like this.

That being said, eSignal is a product for professional traders. The eSignal team needs to take this into account in regards to their communication procedures during an outage. They should use this outage as an opportunity to launch a thorough review of these procedures. Two things would have helped tremendously: 1) A simple email to acknowledge the outage, and 2) a "ballpark" time frame for the outage so that traders could schedule their day accordingly.

Comment

the latest on this issue is posted here http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....369#post147369

I will keep that post updated.
                  Thank you,
                  Eric O.
                  eSignal Support

Comment

3:37 min wait for 'live chat' and after 63 minutes of a ringing phone at the x1700 number I hung up. The issue is definitely not resolved.

Comment

@smerrit please check your PM.
                      Thank you,
                      Eric O.
                      eSignal Support

Comment

[email protected]? don't have any messages text or otherwise from e-signal.

Comment

@smerritt, please attempt to connect now
                          Thank you,
                          Eric O.
                          eSignal Support

Comment

There we go... Thanks Eric. Missed most of the day, but at least it's working now. Appreciate your help. -Shane

Comment

its uncanny that on this day my automated system has the largest winning trades in the last 6 months and yet due to esignal being down I was unable to take the trades. As of ~2 pm central time 2/6 I was still unable to log in. Since I was not able or live chat in or log in and I didn't see this thread until today it was hard to know what was going on - I did disconnect esignal for more than 10 minutes and tried a number of times to reconnect unsuccessfully but did not reboot. Amazing that such a large scale outage was possible. Also I find that for some of the data I use the way esignal calculates information is different than other data providers so I can't rely on broker info or other data sources as strange as that may sound.
                              Last edited by Kel108; 02-07-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

@Kel108

If you are having data issues please contact our tech support team or use our questionable price reporter. We should be able to take care of data issues very quickly. Thank you

http://www.esignal.com/support/price_report.aspx
                                Thank you,
                                Eric O.
                                eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                                X