Problem with Dividend Postings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Dividend Postings

I have a daily chart which is set up to show dividends but there seems to be a lot of dividends that aren't real. For example, CHY pays dividends every month. For 2014, the amounts and ex-div dates verified by other websites are as follows:
    2/7 .085
    3/7 .085
    4/8 .1
    5/8 .1

My daily chart lists all the above, but also shows much larger dividends approximately one week prior to the above list. These larger dividends are not correct, or am I missing something.

Other stocks which pay quarterly display show monthly dividends in the range of .26-28 cents which don't make any sense. I am new to dividends so I may be missing something. Could someone explain what I am missing? Thank you.

lloydmarie
    FWIW from what I am seeing the dividends shown on an eSignal chart match those of other websites I tried (see the following images captured using eSignal and as one example Google Finance)
    Alex

Originally posted by lloydmarie View Post
    I have a daily chart which is set up to show dividends but there seems to be a lot of dividends that aren't real. For example, CHY pays dividends every month. For 2014, the amounts and ex-div dates verified by other websites are as follows:
    2/7 .085
    3/7 .085
    4/8 .1
    5/8 .1

My daily chart lists all the above, but also shows much larger dividends approximately one week prior to the above list. These larger dividends are not correct, or am I missing something.

Other stocks which pay quarterly display show monthly dividends in the range of .26-28 cents which don't make any sense. I am new to dividends so I may be missing something. Could someone explain what I am missing? Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the response, Alex. I just found out what my problem is. I have a TLT line chart overlaying the CHY bar chart and all the extra dividends are for TLT. Thanks again.

Lloyd

Comment

Working...
      X