Decimal quote format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decimal quote format

This morning my quotes all of a sudden are all showing up in a new decimal format. For most contracts the addition of a decimal is great, but for the Treasury notes and bonds, I prefer the 32nds format I had yesterday. Is there some way to return to it? That is, I prefer 112195 (meaning 112 and 19.5 32nds) to 12.609. And was the change intentional or accidental?

It would be nice to be warned about these things ahead of time.

Mine are messed up also. Everything looks fine except bonds and currencies.

Comment

Foz, efremiv,

We are looking into the cause of why this was changed. In regards to correcting this....If you close down eSignal and remove the Quo.new and Specs.Tab files from the eSignal directory, and re-open the program, the decimalization should return back to normal.

Comment

We've now uploaded a new specs.tab file to our servers so users should be able to simply exit and restart eSignal to grab the new file (sometimes requires a 2nd or 3rd restart) and all should be OK now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks, Scott and Duane, for your fast response. After restarting twice my quotes are back to normal. I appreciate eSignal's customer service.

Btw, is there a way I can add the decimal back in to certain select charts? For example, the EuroFX futures quotes were easier to read as 1.3016 than as 130160.

Comment

Thanks. All better now. (although esig quotes are lagging badly this morning)

I second the notion on the EuroFx. It would be nice to get rid of that last zero.

Comment

Hi efremiv,

Glad the decimalization issue is resolved. In regards to the latency issue, we've been getting reports this morning that the CME data is running behind. We are still working to determine the scope of the latency. As soon as we have some information to share, we will follow up with this thread. Thank you for your patience.

Please check the System Status in the Support Area for any updates to the current issue.

Comment

FWIW with regards to EuroFX the extra 0 is transmitted by the CME itself as can be seen in the snapshot below which was taken from my Globex terminal
                Alex

Comment

Foz

Btw, is there a way I can add the decimal back in to certain select charts?

You can have the values displayed in decimals (or fractional notation if using Bonds, etc) but it will be applied to all symbols/charts.
                  To do this select File->Preferences from the main menu and in the General tab uncheck Compact Price Display
                  Alex

Comment

I am having problems this morning with the decimal place in Bond quotes. Instead of displaying a comma and then the 32nds quote it displays as a decimal and three numbers.

I tried to delete the quo.new and specs.tab files several times and I still have this problem.

Also when I go into File Preferences and check Full Price Precision and Compact Price display, nothing happens. It is like my program is stuck displaying a decimal with three additional numbers.

Totally messed up, how do I fix this?

I did nothing new to my computer it just started up this way this morning.

Is eSignal somehow screwing up the server side?

Comment

Dodgy quotes

I am also having issues with quotes $INDU is only quoting to one decimal place on advanced charts and on $VOLD = $VOLDQ iget quotes in the format 2,47718e+007
                      Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Comment

Hi dhunniford,

Are you getting these same numbers in other Page or Layout files that you are working with? If you haven't already, you may want to log out of eSignal and log back in. Here are the figures I am seeing on this end. If there are any other details you can provide, I'll help to figure out why you are seeing these. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Duane

Can you respond to my post below?

Comment

Originally posted by DuaneG
                            Hi dhunniford,

Are you getting these same numbers in other Page or Layout files that you are working with? If you haven't already, you may want to log out of eSignal and log back in. Here are the figures I am seeing on this end. If there are any other details you can provide, I'll help to figure out why you are seeing these. Thanks.

Yes I am getting the same for INDU in a quote window and have done a reboot
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is what I am getting for $VOLD
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X