Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Manager disconnects for no reason

Hi,

In the past few months, I have been experiencing this strange problem. The Data Manager gets disconnected for no reason. How do I know? My quotes stop coming in and the DM icon turns red. And this can happen 2 or 3 times per trading session during regular market hours.

I was still able to surf the net. I was also able to ping the main ticker plant in Hayward California. So there's nothing wrong with my Internet connection. But my DM remains disconnected, sometimes up to 2 mins, before automatically re-connecting again. So in the meantime, all I can do is just wait. The worse thing is that it can happen 2 times within 5 mins. Very frustrating! Can someone offer some explanation or help? Thanks in advance!

regards
    JM

traderghost,

When the DM turns to red, does the cursor window read the message "NO DATA" or "DUP ID"? The message within the cursor window may give us a heads up to what is happening here. Also, is your ISP providing you with a static or dynamic IP address? Any info along these lines may narrow down the possible culprits. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Duane.

Thank you for your reply.

When the DM turns to red, it says "NO DATA". My ISP uses dynamic IP address. Any help?

regards
      JM

Comment

Working...
      X