Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can find the list of all s&p 500 and NASDAQ etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can find the list of all s&p 500 and NASDAQ etc.

Hi,

I would like to import a list of the following stocks & Indices in a software called Q Collector that would download end of day data from eSignal's history servers.

I would really appreciate if somebody from eSignal or somebody using Q Collector on this board kindly provide me with a list of all the current symbols for ALL :

(1) Major world Indices
    (2) NASDAQ Composite
    (3) NASDAQ 100
    (4) S&P 500
    (5) NYSE
    (6) AMEX
    (7) NASDAQ Over the counter stocks
    (8) Stocks Listed on Philadelphia stock Exchange

I would be very grateful.

Thank You.

Steve

INDEX

hELLO

esignal has alot of these index's and their symbols. Check under Help/symbol formats and symbol look up.

What you could also do is go to the nyse and other respective sites and find the stocks you want in that index. Save it to excel. Copy this into a quote window. I have found this the quickest. Plus if the index stock componet changes all you have to do is to check the index web site again, save the index to excel and compare each column, make the changes, save to excel, copy to quote window and you have all the quotes you want quicky.

If there is a quicker way I would like to know it.

good luck

Pogman

Comment

Pogman,

Really appreciate the help.

What I would like is a list of all the stocks for each exchange in a note Pad .txt file format so that I can import each list seperately into Q Collector software which in turn would collect the data.

It will be very time consuming to copy each stock seperately into notepad or excell.

If you or somebody have it, would you kindly e mail me those lists?

Thank You.
      Steve

Comment

Hi,

i have the same problem, where can i find the lists to import it in AGET EOD 9.1. Can anyone tell me an Example for the S&P 500 ?

Dear Catano

Comment

Catano
          You can find many of those lists at the respective exchanges. For example in this page of the CBOE you can find the links to the list of components for the SPX, NDX, RUT, etc.
          Once you are on the specific page that contains the list of components copy and paste it to Excel where you can easily strip the unwanted columns and then save as a csv or txt file
          Alex

Comment

Hello Alex,

thanks for the link. In the csv. format can´t AGET EOD 9.1 read the list. I have save the list at txt.format. But this txt.file can´t read the software too. Can you tell me what´s wrong?

sorry for my bad english.

Catano

Comment

Catano
              As far as I can see at my end a list saved in a txt file can be imported in AdvancedGET 9.1 (see enclosed animation created using the attached NDX100.txt file). FWIW the list was created using the process described in my prior reply
              You may want to post your list as an attachment so that someone can try to import it
              Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Alex,

now it works perfectly, thanks. I miss to install the eSgnal Wizard Software, so no symbol were be found.

Which Software is use to create the animated video?

many thanks,
                Catano

Comment

Hello,

the US Indices und US Stocks are work very fine! How can I import european Stocks ?

The list is not reading by the software.

Catano
                  Attached Files

Comment

Catano
                    The eSignal Wizard only includes US symbols at this time. In order to do what you are trying to accomplish you need to download the data for those symbols using a third party downloader such as for example QCollector Pro for eSignal and save the data in either ASCII or Metastock formats. Once the data is stored on your computer you need to set up the Data Paths to recognize the format you used to store the data at which point you can use the imported lists
                    In the animated gif enclosed below you can see that I am importing your list of XETRA symbols (after I downloaded some of them with QCollector). In the image that follows you can see the daily chart of one of these symbols plotted in AdvacedGET 9.1
                    Alex

Comment

Working...
                    X