No announcement yet.

Can you compare Daily vs 60 Min chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you compare Daily vs 60 Min chart?

Hello

I checked the ratio and spread knowledge base but I can not seem to figure out if you can do this. What I would like to do is to view a daily chart and within this same chart a 60 minute line chart rather than having two windows open. e.g. one for daily and one for 60 minute. Example I want to view say an ibm advanced Daily chart and then have within this same chart view the action of the 60 minute?

Is it possible to do this using ratios and/or spreads as I can not figure this one out? I have tried dividing, subtracting, multiplying the symbol but can't find what matches the 60 minute.

any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Pogman

Pogman
    I don't believe you can do that since the minimum resolution of the chart would be defined by the daily bars. You can do it the other way around ie a 60 minute chart on which you plot a daily line using an efs such as the enclosed one (written using EFS2). The granularity of the chart in this case is defined by the lower interval.
    Alex

PHP Code:
    function preMain() {

setPriceStudy(true);

setStudyTitle("Daily on 60");

setCursorLabelName("Daily");
    }
    function 
    main() {

return 
    close(inv("D"));

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Alex. Looks useable.

I assume that I have to enter each line into the formula wizard and create this efs exactly as you have done?

Never having done the formula wizard this code looks pretty simple? Would a newbie like me have issue entering it or any heads up on doing this?I have altered many efs but have never created on.

Thanks again for you assistance.

Pogman

Comment

Pogman
        At this time you can't use the script I posted (or any EFS2 script) with the Formula Wizard.
        Just copy and paste it in the Formula Editor and then save it with a name of your choice in the Formulas folder (or any of its subfolders)
        Alex

Comment

I had tried to use the wizard but it would not work so I see now that your wise tip will work.

thanks for your assistance.

Pogman

Comment

Pogman
            You are most welcome
            FYI if you have installed version 7.9 then you have all the builtin studies already written for use with multiple intervals/symbols. They are located in the EFS2 Custom folder
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X