need help accessing EFS file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help accessing EFS file.

I can find the downloaded efs in the formula folder. When I try to access the efs in a advanced chart, it's just no longer there. Can anyone help me out? Thanks! Josh.

Josh
    How are you "trying to access the efs in an Advanced Chart"?
    Can you provide more details as to what you are doing?
    Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex!
      I've downloaded EFS into formula library folder. I just unable to locate thess files within an advanced chart window - I mean right click in an advanced chart window and go to formula folder. The saved efs are just not there. Thank you again! Josh

Comment

Josh
        Are you sure you saved it in the Formulas folder and not one of its subfolders? An easy way to find this out is to run a search on your hard drive for the efs file you downloaded.
        Alex

Comment

Alex, Here is what I've done. Suppose I am down loading fisher.efs from esignal center. I save fisher.efs in library folder of formulas. After download, I try to make sure the file is properly save by going to library folder throught program file. All looks good so far. Now, if I try to load fisher.efs either through chart option -> formula -> library or just right click within a chart window -> formula -> library, the fisher.efs is just not there. It's as if I've never downloaded or saved fisher.efs. Yet, I can still locate fisher.efs by going to library folder through program file. I am just not able to figure out what's going on. Thank for your help! Josh

Comment

Hello Josh,

In your EFS Settings (Tools->EFS->Settings), please show us what the exact path is set to for your Formula Root folder.

Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Josh
              Using Windows Search (For Files or Folders) run a search for fisher.efs and make note of what the complete path to that file is. For example if I ran a search on my drive for customMA.efs the path would be C:\Program Files\eSignal\Formulas\EFS2 Custom\customMA.efs
              Then in eSignal select Tools-> EFS-> Settings from the main menu and check the path in the Formula Root section. Are the two paths the same?
              Alex

Comment

Thank you very much Jason and Alex!!!! My exact path set for formula root has been changed. I used Ablesys for a while. That software's altered the path. It's all good now. Josh

Comment

Working...
                X