Technical Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Issues

I have had esignal installed for a few weeks now and must say I have had nothing but problems with it. I do not know if it is a problem at my end or if the software has bugs.

There are three main problems I have had.

1. Data will not update in certain charts. For example, one session I had the DAX chart open, but it would not update without me physically refreshing it. While this was happening an ES (Globex) chart was working fine.

Then, over the next couple of days the DAX would work fine but the ES (Day Session) would not update.

I spent considerable time on the phone with tech support and eventually found a band-aid solution for the problem. By deleting the file called "WINROS Appfix Package" and launching esignal again the problem seemed to go away. However I seriously can't see myself doing this everyday without becoming frustrated.

2. I am running Market Delta volume profiling software that uses the esignal data feed. Each time I use it I have to do a complete re-install to make it work...the software loads but the data feed doesn't - even though it is correctly connected to esignal.

3. I also run a program called MT Predictor that uses the esignal data feed. As with Market Delta I am having to do a complete re-install. Each day, the program literally crashes and is not useable.

Both software vendors are unaware of this happening to other customers. I have only just started using the trial of MarketDelta and the problems were in existence prior to that so I am ruling out that software as the problem. I also used MTPredictor (as well as esignal charts etc) for about 2 weeks with no problems. Then the problems started and now nothing will work without massive hassles.

Can someone who is more technically competent than me suggest what is causing this?

It is not my firewall, and I believe it is not a server issue either. When tech support had me delete the winros file he suggested it may have been corrupted. I have since done a complete reinstall of esignal yet the problem persists.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the issue. There could be a few possible causes for this sort of behavior; first, a couple of questions.

1. Is Market Delta and MT Predictor being run at the same time that is eSignal is running? (It shouldn't affect one or the other, but it may be worth looking at later in the process)

2. In regards to eSignal, is this a Page or Layout file and was this file deleted when eSignal was uninstalled? i.e. (Removed the directory, ect...) I would like to rule out any corrupt Page or Layout files from this.

3. What are the specs of the computer in question? RAM, CPU, connection speed, ect...If you have not yet done so, you may want to review the System Requirements for eSignal. I would refer to the Power User specs as more than one application is making use of the eSignal feed.

4. If you have not yet done so, you may want to read through the following article from our Knowledge Base that deals with freezing issues and the like.

If you could follow up at your convenience with some insight about these various issues, I'm confident that we can isolate the root cause of this. Please let me know.

Comment

I love your confidence!

OK...

1. Yes, both programs run at the same time as esignal due to their reliance on the esignal data feed. However, worth noting is that Market Delta was not installed at the time the problems began. (I hadn't even heard of it at that point) Off the top of my head, while on the phone to tech support I'm quite sure those other programs were switched off while trying to rectify the chart problem in esignal.

2. Currently, it is a page file. I am fairly certain when I did the re-install I actually went into my c drive and deleted the esignal folder in addition to removing the program via add/remove programs. The reason I am quite sure is that after one of the re-installs I did I recall my charting set-up being the same - obviously the whole thing wasn't wiped by removing just the program. Also, I only had 4 charts running, so it was a very simple set-up.

So, right now I have a page file with a few charts. I don't want to go to the trouble of customising it too much if I have to do another install.

3. Computer specs: (upgraded recently)

RAM 512kb
      CPU 2.6 Ghz
      Cable modem (unsure of its connection speed)
      Heaps of hard drive too...

That covers the main things?

4. I read the article yesterday via another post...I couldn't see anything of use in there for my situation.

The strange thing about this is that (aside from crashing my other programs) some charts worked at the exact time others didn't...it happened again today. The globex chart would not work...I actually replaced that winros file and now it works? To make it work yewsterday I had to remove that very same file.

I'm happy to work through this on the phone if it easier. Its probably quicker than typing all this info...let me know...

Mark

EDIT: Another clue may be that the MT Pred...program was creating live charts fine at the same time the day session es would not work. So I'm guessing it is not the data feed as such?
      Last edited by wenmar; 08-19-2005, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Are you figuring out an answer to my problem, or am I in the 'too hard' basket?

It happened again today. The only way to have my es chart update was to remove the winros file I mentioned.

Mark

Comment

Hello Mark,

Yes, I've been working with different scenarios in regards to this issue. Private Message is forthcoming. Let's continue via PM. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X