Drawing tool problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing tool problems

I am having trouble with trendlines not being drawn correctly. It is happening on the currency charts. The chart attached shows a trendline. This was drawn by connecting the 2 swing lows you see just above it - but obviously the line is nowhere near the lows where it should have been.

I also have the same problem on other charts from time to time. It isn't just the trendline that does it - also the fib drawing tool does it and places measurements nowhere near where they are supposed to be.

I have toggled the magnet on and off but it makes no difference. At the moment I have a varioety of stock charts and futures charts up, but it is only the currency charts causing the issue. Any ideas?

Mark
    Attached Files

I can't seem to duplicate this issue as seen in the below, but this may be a situational type of bug that could be hard to duplicate. Could you state the version of eSignal you are using?

Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
      I can't seem to duplicate this issue as seen in the below, but this may be a situational type of bug that could be hard to duplicate. Could you state the version of eSignal you are using?

I have a complaint somewhat similar.

To reproduce, go to the text tool, and write anything.

Then right click -> Copy, and then notice how the text isn't centered with the mouse.

Same thing with trend lines. I believe the object sticks to the mouse cursor once you click on edit, and where the mouse is at that position it sticks, but it doesn't stick to the center of the cursor.

Hope you undestand.

Again, just copy something, and notice it doesn't center to the mouse cursor, it follows it at a distance.

Comment

JMowery
        As an alternative you can use the Copy tool available in the Line Toolbar (the icon highlighted in red in the image enclosed below)
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          JMowery
          As an alternative you can use the Copy tool available in the Line Toolbar (the icon highlighted in red in the image enclosed below)
          Alex

Ah yes, I'm not an icon kinda guy.

It isn't a big problem for me, just when I use smaller charts and have to move the mouse cursor off the active window, because I can't click in the chart to place.

I just wanted to point it out so in a newer version it could possibly be fixed.

Comment

JMowery
            I understand. Anyhow in the mean time you also have another alternative.
            Select the line tool you want to copy by right clicking on it. This will open the Edit/Copy etc context menu. Instead of using the mouse to click on Copy type the letter C on the keyboard and as you now move the mouse you will see that you can copy the line without the "extra space"
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X