daily pricing on mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daily pricing on mini

I have come across a slight problem when looking at the daily charts of the e-mini's. When comparing esignal to tradestation, you get 2 very different pictures.
    The following is from esignal on 10/31/05
    Open: 642.20
    Close: 643.10
    High: 650.80
    Low: 635.50

The following is from Tradestation on 10/31/05:
    Open: 635.50
    Close: 649.20
    High: 650.80
    Low: 635.50

As you can see the open and the close is where the problems are. When using candlesticks you get 2 different candles, which can mean two different things. The only thing I can think of is a setting with the open and close ( since it doesnt "technically"close since the globex session). But nonetheless, Im just curious to see if anyone has an idea of why i get such two different candles, when its the same information. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nick
    " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
    -Jesse Livermore

Nick
    FWIW I am seeing the Open at 635.50 and the Close at 649.20 for 10/31/2005 (see enclosed chart)
    Alex

Comment

Alex,
      That is what I see now, but that's not what it looked like when I posted my question around 11:30pm est. When I looked at it last night it had all the information that I posted earlier. I short-term swing trade the mini's so I need accurate daily price information at the end of the day and not the beginning of the next. Has anyone else had this problem at all? Like i said earlier, I think it has to do when it closes at 4:15 est and re-opens at 4:30est on the globex session, just dont know how to fix it though. Thanks for your help though.

Nick
      " If a man didn't make mistakes he'd own the world in a month. But if he didn't profit from his mistakes, he wouldn't own a blessed thing."
      -Jesse Livermore

Comment

Nick
        I now understand what you are referring to. That is a known issue and affects the daily charts of all the symbols that have overnight trading. What occurs is that for the period between the beginning of the new session (ie the session of the next trade date) and midnight eSignal combines the new session with the existing daily bar. At midnight a new daily bar is created based on the new session and the prior day's bar is restored.
        In my understanding this behavior is supposed to change when the new servers will be put in place (no release date has been given as to when this may be happening)
        Alex

Comment

Alex,
          So if I understand you correct, at midnight EST the daily bar will be "normal" and new session will start? So If I was looking to swing trade the mini's after midnight the daily chart should be correct??

Thanks,
          Nck
          -Jesse Livermore

Comment

Nick
            That is correct. After midnight the chart will display the correct daily bars.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X