Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this chart indicator available in eSignal? (From TradeMaven)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this chart indicator available in eSignal? (From TradeMaven)

If you look at the attached image, and notice the dashed yellow line on the highest high and the dashed red line on the lowest low.

Those continue on to highlight and refresh throughout the window.

I don't even know how to enable those in TM, as I haven't attempted it, but I was looking on tmdownloads.com and was looking at the videos and saw this.

I was just curious if there is a feature in eSignal to do this as it looks like a good way to locate possible areas of support and resistance.

Thanks

EDIT: I'll be sure to look for more information on what this is and ask TradeMaven staff as to what it is, maybe someone could program it, or maybe I could take a crack at it if it is not in.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JMowery; 11-06-2005, 05:45 PM.

JMowery
    Those look like they could be either the High/Low of the day or the High/Low of the first nn minutes of a trading.
    You can find scripts that will compute either one in this thread
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      JMowery
      Those look like they could be either the High/Low of the day or the High/Low of the first nn minutes of a trading.
      You can find scripts that will compute either one in this thread
      Alex
      Thanks for the quick response.

Those are close, the only problem being is that it moves the whole line to reflect the whole timeframe.

Whereas, on trademaven, it changes on a per tick basis, and leaves the previously drawn line alone.

Basically...... it appears very useful for longer timeframes when viewing multiple days of data, but almost useless for intra day trading.

I guess I can try and figure out how to implement this or talk to the TM guys and ask them how to approach this and maybe they can give me some insight on how to program it.

Thanks for the help and quick reply.

EDIT:
      1 more question:
      I take it you are the one who programmed those indicators, since you are in the credits *duh*

In any case. I trade the YM and the script includes 24 hours of trading I believe, even when I change the time style.

Is there a way to limit the drawing of the highest high and lowest low to 9:30 am and 5:00 pm Eastern?

Is there an easy way to do this, if so could you point me in the right direction. If not, then any ideas or functions that I should take a look at would be greatly appreciated.

I'll have a look at the documentation for the scripting language later on in the week.

I appreciate the help.
      Last edited by JMowery; 11-06-2005, 06:19 PM.

Comment

JMowery

it changes on a per tick basis, and leaves the previously drawn line alone.

That is what the hilo_firstxminutes2.efs posted here will also do if set up appropriately.
        In the first image below you can see how it will plot when set up for 9:30/16:00 and in the second the dialog box for the settings of the efs
        Alex

Comment

JMowery

...the script includes 24 hours of trading I believe, even when I change the time style.
          Is there a way to limit the drawing of the highest high and lowest low to 9:30 am and 5:00 pm Eastern?

As I indicated in my prior reply you can use the hilo_firstxminutes2.efs to accomplish that.
          You can also use the high-low.efs and set the Interval to be the total trading time you wish to cover. For example if you were following the e-mini S&P and you wanted the High/Low of the day session only then you would set the Interval to 405 minutes (ie the total time in minutes between 9:30 and 16:15) and then you would add a specific entry in the Time Template with the same settings. See this post for a detailed explanation on how to accomplish this (even though the instructions are for the pivot efs they are also applicable to the high-low.efs)
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X