Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing charts to a group

Hello

I have been experimenting with groups and publishing to groups.
    This is the process that I use:
    1. load up a chart xyz
    2. click on the camera
    3.drag and drop unto the chart I want copied
    4. Make sure Save to Foler and Save to File Share is checked
    5. Browse File to share and click Publish
    6. click ok, ok
    7. File is then saved.
    8. I go to open publishing or my own group and sometimes the file can be viewed other times it says to "save file"

So I manage to view the files be accident and can not figure out how to do it with intent.

So what are the final steps.
    1. Do I have to then click on the file in a group and save it
    2. then do I upload it

or any other accurate suggestions?

Thanks in Advance

Pogman

Pogman
    Once you have completed step 7 the URL of the image that you uploaded to your FileSharing group is also temporarily stored in the Clipboard. At that point you can just Paste it in the body of your message enclosing it with the [ I M G ] and [ / I M G ] tags (without the spaces in the tags)
    Alternatively if for any reason you no longer have the URL stored in the Clipboard (because for example you used Copy for something else in the mean time) then just go to your FileSharing group and do either one of the following
    a) click the Show URLs button and copy the URL for the specific image OR
    b) click the image link, then right click the image and select Properties. At that point the URL will be listed in the Properties dialog box and you can just Copy and Paste it in the body of your message
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex

Thanks for the response. I do not want to save or send the image to a message. I just want it to upload to a group and then be able to view it

Check out this group:

...the first 5 png it asks to "save" when you click on them
      ...the last one allows you to view the chart, WHY? (which is what I want with all of them)

I think I have followed the same procedure in the others but they will not allow me to see a chart, it justs asks to save?

Sorry if I am not making myself clear.

Pogman

Comment

Pogman
        That appears to be caused by some character which is preventing the application from identifying the file type (ie PNG). In fact when you click the link and it asks whether to Open or Save there is no File Type association and the name of the file is just the characters preceeding the #F.
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alex

Brillant! It was caused by a "space" and "#" so that if you want to see gold contract of gc #f and you save it it must be saved as "gc" and nothing else.

Boy this would drove me crazy for about 4 hours this morning.

Thanks. Something so simple! I wish there was rules within the box so that others do not, can't make the same mistake. e.g like when you click within the file to name it, it restricts you from using a space or # or anything else that is not allowed.

Thanks Again

Pogman

Have a great Day!

Comment

Pogman
            Looking further into this it seems that the problem is caused by the # sign. However it appears to be an issue only when viewing the image in FileSharing becuse the same file can be viewed without problems when inserted in the context of a message.
            For example in this folder I have a file called ab#f-d-101905.png which cannot be opened in FileSharing but can be viewed inline (see below) most likely because in the URL the # sign is replaced by %23
            Alex

Comment

Hi Alex

You are correct I experimented further with symbol toc-tc

one was toc-tc worked, toc#tc did not work cause of the #, and another was toc tc(with a space) and it does work with a space.

Great! Thanks for the updated correction..

Pogman

Comment

Working...
              X