Paper Trading: Cannot Cancel Open Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper Trading: Cannot Cancel Open Orders

I have been talking with Live Reps and Tech re this problem for over 1 month. I KNOW how to cancel open orders. I DO the steps to cancel. But 98-99% of the time the orders do NOT cancel. I have been told: it's too complicated to answer in Live Help, call Tech; it's been reported by other users, it's a bug, there's no fix, live with it; it will be checked and reported and someone will email me with an update (no one emails); there's no way to email you when and if we find out what's going on; "you have to compromise"...I asked what does that mean and was told..."You have to reset your trades". But that deletes all my trades, summary, trading history, executions.

Paper Trading is part of the package a subscriber pays for. It doesn't work and no one seems to care about this problem. I assumed Paper Trading would simulate real trading which includes being able to cancel orders...not that I have to wipe out everything I've done and start over.

Please advise re this bug. Again...I KNOW HOW TO DO THE ACTIONS TO CANCEL and DO THOSE ACTIONS. OPEN ORDERS DO NOT CANCEL. Thanks.

sibersong
    I don't know if this is a bug or the intended behavior but it does appear that pending orders cannot be cancelled in the Broker Window other than in the same sequence in which they were entered.
    In other words if for example you have three pending orders you need to cancel them starting from the oldest one first
    Someone from eSignal will be better able to clarify this.
    In the mean time if you want to cancel any pending order without having to do that in the sequence in which the orders were entered you can accomplish that through the Order Entry Ticket where you have a Cancel button next to each pending order. This will cancel any order regardless of when that order was input.
    In the enclosed animated image you will see that I input three Limit orders and then try to Cancel the most recent one from within the Broker Window. As you can see they will not be cancelled unless I start cancelling from the oldest one first.
    However if I use the Cancel button in the Order Entry Ticket it will Cancel the selected pending order regardless of when it was input.
    Alex

Comment

Thanks but you did not read my post. I KNOW how to cancel, I DO exactly what you say and the open order does NOT cancel. A tech even told me it has been reported by others as a problem, is a bug. WHAT is being done about the problem?

Comment

Hello Alexis,

How do you get a separate Order Entry Ticket like you show in the animation?
        I can only get it attached to a chart.
        Raffaele

Comment

Raffaele
          In the main toolbar click the New icon and select Order Entry Ticket
          Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis, it works.
            Raffaele

Comment

Alexis,
              Thank you so very much for taking the time to answer my question. Very clear...and animated to boot! Very much appreciated. I will try what you suggest re Order Entry Ticket. Again, thank you! And let me add...I apologize for being a little snippy in my last post...I have tried multiple times with ESignal to get some kind of answer re this problem without any success, so my frustration was kind of leaking out...especially since I had assumed you were an ESignal employee. I'm sorry.
              Last edited by sibersong; 12-21-2006, 04:02 PM.

Comment

sibersong
                You are most welcome and no apology is necessary.
                Let me know if the Order Entry Ticket solution works for you
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X