Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in testing out our pilot tick history servers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the bandwidth is saved by not requesting historical bid/offer but RT bid/offer data is still received... so does it mean that while this can help initial chart loading, there is no impact on the chart real-time update (as real-time bid/offer data is still being received as before)?

Actually I just need to get the last trade data (I can see bid/offer with my broker anyway). Why can't even RT bid/offer data be cut?

Comment

Tick data

This poll is outrageous. it doesn't ask the proper questions. All the questions are biased towards getting the results to justify the changes. Who are you kidding?

J~

Comment

You have that correct Richard. This project only involves what we store on the servers and not what we stream in realtime. It's currently not possible to get just a last sale stream but that might be technically possible at some point. I'll pass your suggestion along.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Richard Yu
        So the bandwidth is saved by not requesting historical bid/offer but RT bid/offer data is still received... so does it mean that while this can help initial chart loading, there is no impact on the chart real-time update (as real-time bid/offer data is still being received as before)?

Actually I just need to get the last trade data (I can see bid/offer with my broker anyway). Why can't even RT bid/offer data be cut?

Comment

Re: Tick data

No need to be contentious here. If you have some constructive comments or suggested questions, feel free to post them. Otherwise, this is a simple poll designed to get some quick user feedback. We have no intention of eliminating b/a history for those that need it but if many users don't need it, the gains for them could be significant when it comes to intraday chart retrieval.

Thanks.

Originally posted by drwar
          This poll is outrageous. it doesn't ask the proper questions. All the questions are biased towards getting the results to justify the changes. Who are you kidding?

J~

Comment

What happens if this special server fail? Will I get switched to a normal server automatically? Any possible potential hazard?

Comment

We have multiple trade-only servers set-up in both data centers so redundancy and fail-over shouldn't be an issue. These servers have been running for months now and we've seen no technical issues of any consequence.

Thanks.

Comment

I hv asked for the switch but unfortunately the result is disappointing:

First, the studies take much more time to finish. I hv no idea whether eSignal can receive the data sooner but I can see very clearly that the studies take much much more time to load.

Second, the quote window is now showing "no data" for all symbols.

Third, after the charts finish loading for the 1st time, there is no more update in the last price.

I am using eSignal 8 since I had a lot of problems with eSignal 10.

I hv already asked for switch back to the normal server.

Comment

I want to give an update...

After quitting the program and loading it for several times, it does work now.

The problem is why they didn't work in the first few times. I am concerned about the stability.

Originally posted by Richard Yu
                  I hv asked for the switch but unfortunately the result is disappointing:

First, the studies take much more time to finish. I hv no idea whether eSignal can receive the data sooner but I can see very clearly that the studies take much much more time to load.

Second, the quote window is now showing "no data" for all symbols.

Third, after the charts finish loading for the 1st time, there is no more update in the last price.

I am using eSignal 8 since I had a lot of problems with eSignal 10.

I hv already asked for switch back to the normal server.

Comment

Richard,

Have the charts been loading more consistently this week?

Thanks.

Comment

Tick Charts

Hi,
                      I was researching these forums in hope of finding out why my tick charts take minutes or hours to load or sometimes not at all. Sounds like I'm not the only one with this problem. What do I need to do to resolve this problem? Is this pilot server still available? Or might I have another problem?

Comment

I hv already changed the server back to the normal one. The no historical bid/offer server didn't work for me.

Comment

bid ask data used

The bid/ask data is not used by me. It would be better if more historical tick data were available, especially for futures. I do understand this places excessive demands on servers. However, since all studies do not work when using the tick replay feature, it would be a great help whne backtesting. Obviously, if a study fails to work then backtesting becomes impossible.

Comment

We are working on extending our history data and removing the historical b/a information was a step in that direction. Hopefully, we'll have some availability this year of data beyond 6 months.

Side note. Closing this thread and poll.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X