No announcement yet.

eSignal Limitations & Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've moved to the new tick server but still get the same results - only about 37 charts load.

Comment

Dave180,

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it for the third time, and it doesn't seem to make a difference... I'm not sure how the data manager caches data, but it doesn't seem to be cache the data from the downloader for me.

Garth
      Garth

Comment

gspiker
        I've also just had a problem with a couple of the servers not delivering tick data (ES) despite using the method I suggested - it used to work, and I think still does improve the ease with which a dynamic chart gets the backfill you want, but obviously not as helpful as it was.

In another thread I've posted the server connections that were noted by netstat during these faulty connections, maybe that will help eSignal can actually look into the problem, odd that whenever their guys test the servers they never get the same problems, especially so as in August I managed to get a LiveRep person to reproduce the issue of not getting historic bars, however when I brought it up again in October the same LiveRep person denied that such a problem had ever been reported. So not holding my breath!

Comment

If I really need the (tick) history, I use a Standard chart, (and set to 10 days).

Comment

Scott, Jason,

Can someone from eSignal let us know when an EA/Beta version of eSignal is available that addresses the performance issues described in this thread?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Garth
            Garth

Comment

We're about 3 weeks out from posting 10.1 to on our download page. We may release as a beta prior to that as well.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Scott. Looking forward to it.

Garth
                Garth

Comment

Working...
                X