Trade Manager - Change Order Crashes Esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Manager - Change Order Crashes Esignal

I use MB Trading. When I move an order, esignal crashes. I sent several crach report off to you in the hopes of a quick fix. I checked using navagator and the order does in fact get changed.

I get "into" esignal direct to use the integrated trading not via navagator (seems esignal trys to log into MBT 2 times so none of the integrated stuff works.)

HELP!

Thanks,
    John

Hi John,

Can you tell us which version and build of eSignal you're on along with the version of the MB Trading Plug-in?

For eSignal you can check by going to Help-->About
    For the plug-in Trade-->MB Trading -->About

Lastly, can you check with in the Plug-in Configurator (Start-->Programs/All Programs-->eSignal-->Plug in Configurator) and let me know how many times MB Trading appears.
    When you launch eSignal and you have a list of brokers under the Trade menu eSignal will actually connect each of those account to the broker. So when you're ready to use them it's as easy as right click and connect.
    Now if you only have one MB Trading listed and it try to connect twice it's because it did not get the connection to go through the first time.

Hope this help and I await you reply.

Thanks
    AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Esig version 10.1.1291.910 (7/11/2008)

I have one MBT Plugin.

I get into esignal by double clicking it. I don't go into navigator and then select esignal. Going that route does not allow me to use the integrated trading tools (order entry via charts, Trade manager etc). I worked with someone some time ago on this and this was the best route to go. MBT only allows one logon at a time and going through Navigator won't allow use of esignal's order entry. MBT thinks there are 2 "connections"...(I guess one for Navigator and one for Integrated Trading).

Thanks,
      John

Comment

Hi John,

I have tried unsuccessfully to recreate the issue you're having with the eSignal crashing with trying to move the order around with in the Trade Manager Window.

To try and duplicate these are the steps I took.

Open eSignal
        Opened a Trade Manager Window
        Created and Buy Limit order for the ES U8(/ESU8)
        Once order was place I checked the Account Manager to confirm that it was places
        In Trade manager Left Click and hold the BL:0/1 in the order column and moved it up two ticks.
        In the Account Manager Message tab on lines 9 and 10 you see the success of the move.

Please check the version of the MB Trading Plug-in you are currently using and if it is not build 1.2.1200 please upgrade to this version from here.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

I removed/replaced the plugin, did a repair on esignal and still get the same thing...consistantly. I get to #8 on your screen print.

MBT Plugin Version ----> 1.2.1200.1128
          Esig Version-------------> 10.1.1291.910 7/11/08

Perhaps we should chat to get this resolved.

Thanks for looking into it....I am sure it's something simple.

Regards,
          John

Comment

John,
            That may be best, please PM me rcontact information and a good time to call and troubleshoot and I'll contact you.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

After downloading and installing the latest version of the MB Navigator (11.0.1.2) I am able to duplicate the crashes you're receiving.

We've reported this to our Developers. Until we can get this resolved this issue we recommend that you continue using MB Navigator 11.0.0.1.

Once the developers have had a change to correct this we'll post back here.

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

MBT Mandatory Upgrade / ESignal Issues

Avery:

I sent you an email yesterday. The recommendation that Esignal wants us to be on 11.0.0.1 of navigator presents a problem. MBT sent an email that MB users need to upgrade to 11.1.0.2 (which is the version we just rolled back from) by this Monday.

The new, mandatory version does not work correctly with esignal. We just found that out. Either MBT needs to put off this until you and MBT can workout the issues or someone needs to get a fix in place to correct the Esignal/MBT crash problems....like by COB Friday.

Please advise.

Thanks,
                John

Comment

Our Development Team has been looking into the issue since you and I discovered it a couple of days ago. Once I get more information from them I'll post back.

AveryH
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Hey Searay61,
                    The newest MB Trading Plug in is now available here. . We have tested this with the newest MB Navigator and found that problems mentioned earlier in this thread are corrected.

Please try it out and let us know if everything works will for you as well.

AveryH
                    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                    X