Incorrect decimal processing in ALERTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect decimal processing in ALERTS

Ref: eSignal Ver. 10.2.1391.1120(10/22/2008)

When "Compact Price Display(uncheck to display decimalization of Futures)." is UNchecked (found under the "General" tab in the "File-Preferences" menu an "Alert Edit/Status" for "Last Trade Price" for the symbol "ES #F" seems to automatically change as if multiplied by .01.

i.e., if I add an alert for ES #F for the "Last Trade Price" with the "By Value" selected, say for 933 (it happens for both the "Last High" or "Last Low") once I click "OK" the 933 I entered automatically converts to 9.33.

The way to correct the issue is to not use a decimal point and add 00 at the end, i.e. instead of 933 use 93300 and instead of 933.25 use 93325.

So, this is not really a problem.

Comment

It is a bug. It happened before and got fixed. Now it is unfixed. eSignal don't do regression testing.

[Beware that if you right-click a chart and placea low alarm (lower than current price) you will get no warning of the error.]

Comment

Dave,

I was able to reproduce the bug. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Hello All,

There is an issue when setting Alerts on some futures (or futures based) symbols if the Compact Price Display option in File-> Preferences is unchecked. In this case the value set in the Alert is divided by 100.

The solution at this time is either to enter the alert value without decimalizing. Ie. using 93300 instead of 993 or 993.00 whether or not you have checked the Compact Price Display option. The reason being is that the Data Manager disseminates in the above mentioned native format.

Alternatively you can accomplish a similiar task through efs. If you search the forums you should find various scripts that will generate alerts at user defined price levels

Comment

Working...
          X