IB question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reply to post 'IB question'

My code is code from Ensign system--and then I have some new stuff I want to
    try to get into the system--my eyes and ears are getting too tired and old
    to do it manually!!

Janice
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "eSignal Bulletin Board Mailer" <[email protected]>
    To: <[email protected]>
    Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 9:49 PM
    Subject: Reply to post 'IB question'

> Hello tigerwings,
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'IB question'

Hey man--I been doing this game for 20 years and unless you are a real
      wizzard with lots of bucks for drawdowns--the simple stuff is what works for
      the small guy!!!

Janice
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "eSignal Bulletin Board Mailer" <[email protected]>
      To: <[email protected]>
      Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 9:36 PM
      Subject: Reply to post 'IB question'

> Hello tigerwings,
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >

Comment

Ensign...

Janice,

NO!. I'm NOT "that guy from ensign". I've never had any affiliation with ensign.

All I can say is...

1. Get a good virus checker
        2. Be vigulent about protecting your systems
        3. Get a good Router (with firewall).
        4. Be good people.

I will keep everyone informed as to my experiences. This does not mean that I will publish my system here, but I will post examples of how to do things and help others...

Brad
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

All the users are out in force!!!

Folks,

Finally, I am so happy to see you all getting out, and we are connecting on a common goal. Here is where I stand. I have one EFS coded, working, 95% debugged, functional, and ready for IB integration. It took me 2 months to get it here. I am going to start posting all my work here:

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...der=&groupid=9

Feel free to look, drop me a note, I will help anyone time permitting. My mail is [email protected].

Currently, the EFS I want to go live with is an Inter-day trader, and I have found 8 other systems I want to code. TSS was my starting point for 5 of them, and then I rebuild them from there.

I have worked with some of you, but I do want to give credit to Matt Briand, whose code is the most complex I have seen using DynaOrder. You have to be a coder though to follow it. I suggest anyone close to going live to look at his stuff. It seems DynaOrder is the way to go, I already downloaded it about 2 months ago. Matt's code has excellent use of it in case anyone is interested.

Eventually I will publish as much as I can in my own folder on the e-sig file share, I am happy they centralized all their docs there. I suggest we all start putting stuff up there we want to share.

I am going to crank out lots of code this weekend, the turkey finally settled and I can get to work. My advice to anyone who is doing this, and this is how I did my first EFS:

1. Realize how the EFS works, Main{} is executed on every tick, and watch the flow of your logic.
          2. Put in enough debug lines so that you can read the thoughts of your program. I write mine from my Windowz box to a Samba mount on two different Linux servers, so I can check them from work and make sure the programs are behaving.
          3. Leave as much of the logic to the EFS, after all it is running on a JavaScript compiler in a sense, and leave as little to the trading house. Meaning, I send an order, then make sure it got executed, and do nothing else till it has been executed. Set myu stops, and then work the averages that the trade will work.
          4. Use time in some reference. I can not begin to tell you how accurately I track time in my EFS. You have to . . . count on not getting filled, or connectivity issues, or God knows what.

Anyway, I plan on documenting this all as soon as time permits and putting it up on my file share. Thanks for all the feedback, I might try to get in touch with some of you as soon as I run into more problems.

Happy coding . . . Thomas.

Comment

Working...
          X