You can use the Plain Text option.
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      Mike
      You can use the Plain Text option.
      Alex
      OK I did that.

But now when I go to "tools" "tick replay" and choose the "myfile.epf" that I saved in "plain text" I get an error message saying, "cannot open file."

The file that I am saving is the EUR A0-FX.

What am I doing wrong now?
      Mike Cleveland

Comment

Mike
        You could be saving the file incorrectly ie not as an EPF file.
        To be sure I just went through the entire process and Tick Replay is working without any problems with the file saved through Word (see enclosed images)
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          Mike
          You could be saving the file incorrectly ie not as an EPF file.
          To be sure I just went through the entire process and Tick Replay is working without any problems with the file saved through Word (see enclosed images)
          Alex

I was able to open the file and play it, but absolutely nothing happens on the chart. It is the same chart that I have had open, nothing moves, it is not a playback.

What can I do now?
          Mike Cleveland

Comment

Mike
            You may want to read this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase on how to use the Tick Replay tool.
            Note that Tick Replay will not plot daily (or higher interval) bars
            Alex

Comment

I got it to work now, I didn't realize I had to be in "advanced chart" in order for it to work.

I have a question. Is there a way to mark on the chart where you would have traded? So that we can go back and review where trades were placed, what the entry and exit points were, etc.?
              Mike Cleveland

Comment

Mike,

Would you be making these trade decisions on an automated basis (according to some specific set of trade rules?) or on a discretionary basis?

If the former, than using the EFS backtester is a great way to test a trade system.

If the latter, then I would suggest using the line tools to mark your trades as they occur. I believe that there is a more sophisticated way to do this with 3rd party software too (i.e. NinjaTrader, ButtonTrader, BracketTrader, etc.) One of those may be able to handle the $playback data.
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                X