applet not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applet not loading

Today, and Friday, and Thursday, the Live Charts applet won't load. The page loads but not the symbol box or any of the other stuff within the chart frame.

Below is the output from the Java console. Any ideas?

bigtee

Microsoft (R) VM for java, 5.0 Release 5.30.0.3810
    ==========================================
    ? help
    c clear
    f run finalizers
    g garbage collect
    m memory usage
    q quit
    t thread list
    ===========================================
    Error loading class: livecharts.LiveChartsV3
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:livecharts.LiveCh artsV3
    at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass
    at com/ms/vm/loader/URLClassLoader.loadClass
    at com/mos/applet/AppletPanel.securedClassLoad
    at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent
    at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent
    at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.run
    at java/lan/Thread.run

LIVECHARTS JUNK TODAY

Every other day we have to wait while they decide what colour they are going to change .. the entire site seems to be down ...

Comment

We haven't received any widespread reports of LiveCharts having issues over the few days. Are you seeing a red X in the upper left of the applet or a gray screen?

pbduck34

The Quote.com site is resolving on this end. Once logged into the site, the new look is displayed whereas if you are not logged in, it resolves the older version of Quote.com. When you load the page, what message is being displayed? Please let me know on both issues.

Comment

I am logged in.

I see a gray screen (no red X anywhere)

I have the usual banner across the top with the Home...Stocks.. etc.

Below that is the orange banner with LiveCharts .... Help... My username... etc

Below that is the the line "Please enter a ticker symbol below"

Below that is a blank grey box.

bigtee

Comment

Thanks for the quick response bigtee.

The absence of the red X is usually indicative of a potential issue with the version of Java you are currently running. To rule this out, can you run the following Java Diagnostic Tool? Also, are you using Internet Explorer or a Firefox browser? Please let me know.

Comment

I am using Internet Explorer.

You will note my java tool is the Microsoft Virtual Machine. The one on the marketcenter site will install the sun version. Does the microsoft one not work anymore with live charts? It works fine with eSignal.

bigtee

Comment

Interesting....the Microsoft Virtual Machine version should work fine. MarketCenter should run MVM without any issues, however the switch to Sun Java was made some time ago as the standard plug in for the MarketCenter application. Before you make the change, please send me your LiveCharts username so we can rule out as many possibilities as possible.

Comment

Bigtee,

The account looks ok. Can you please confirm your system specs? There are a few key areas that can cause the issue described. Specifically,

- What OS are you currently running?
                - What version of Internet Explorer are your running?

I suspect that something may be out of date, but I would like to confirm versions before an upgrade to the Java component. Thanks.

Comment

I am running Windows XP SP2. I update it regularly around the end of the month.

I am also running IE Explorer version 6.0.2900.2180,xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

bigtee

Comment

Duane G., it worked fine today. I did nothing, didn't even reboot. Did you change something?

bigtee

Comment

I stumbled on this site while trying to resolve my problem, which is the same as what bigtee is/was encountering.

I get the "load: class livecharts.LiveChartsV3 not found" when using IE with the Microsoft JVM.

I can use Firefox with the Sun plugin, but the cursor doesn't stay in the box where the symbol is typed in; so one must click on the box to bring it into focus and type in the new symbol. This is very annoying.

It looks like the load error above is generated because the applet is built for the Sun JVM. If the developers build using "-target 1.1" it should work with the Microsoft JVM.

If the application can be built either with (a) a fix to the focus issue mentioned above or (b) so that it works with the Microsoft JVM that would be great!

Thanks.

Comment

Me 2.
                        Same problem-"livechartsV3 not found"

Its funny cause my other computer which is also XP sp2 IE 6 will bring Livecharts up.

Comment

Well, I'm having the problem again today as well... Can't make any sense of it, but I guess misery loves company because at least I know I'm not alone.

Come on eSignal, can we get this resolved?

bigtee

Comment

I thought i would disable Norton and try it again and WALLA! Livecharts came up.

And so I closed out Livecharts and re-enabled Norton and Walla!
                            Livecharts still came up. So I dont know what happened, but it seems to be working now with or without Norton.

Comment

Working...
                            X