new livecharts - bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new livecharts - bugs

i start a new thread with all the bugs that the new livecharts version has (for ME so far).

everybody please feel free to add those YOU found.

i hope this will be a serious discussion and i expect somebody from esignal to come here - read it - and correct all those things very soon.

here we go:

1. the "all sessions" button still does not work cme e-minis. i do not like the thing with two symbols for one market.

2. the volume in the time and sales / detailed quote window still does not display corrrect data for cme e-minis. it either displays prev. days total volume or simply "0".

3. the vertical grid lines HAVE to be at 15min, 30min, 45min, etc. ALL the time on any chart interval.

4. the "export chart - printable chart" feature does not work the way it should. most of the time it does not save the chart that is actually displayed from the applet.

5. the new livecharts seem to have a problem with the cme e-mini midcap 400 (MC M8=2) - there are big gaps in the chart - when in fact in should be just like it is with ES, NQ or AB. everytime the new trading day - regular trading at 9.30 ny time starts - prev. days data disappears.

that's it SO FAR. hopefully next week things will look better.
    Last edited by freestyle; 04-19-2008, 03:43 AM.

although someone mentioned that there will be a release somtimes this week - all these bugs are still there. and i even found a new one:

cme e-minis (ES, AB, NQ, MC, ...) - daily chart with volume:

all volume bars have same length.

maybe someone from esignal could finally read this thread and tell us when all these annoying errors will be removed.

thanks.

Comment

all those bugs still exist.

when will finally come the release where all these annoying things are gone????

Comment

UPDATE: The new LiveCharts build was updated last week and finished today and supports HTTP tunneling plus the following fixes/enhancements:

Fix for the “100% CPU” bug which caused applet to freeze in some cases
        Fix for OBV study (last bar was always 0 on a daily chart)
        Fix for data export bug when all sessions are turned off
        Changed the row order in data export
        Chart headers state is saved now

You should see all the fixes and users behind corporate firewalls will be able to log-in to LiveCharts now.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

John B

Comment

did you even read what i wrote in this and in other threads about bugs and missing features?

your answer has nothing to do with it.

you react to 4 different threads with one answer - and obviously this is everything you plan to do , or what?

there is still a lot to do and i expect that things will get fixed very very soon.

if you still have not read all the threads here - i suggest you read them now and take action.

Comment

Re: new livecharts - bugs

Originally posted by freestyle
            i start a new thread with all the bugs that the new livecharts version has (for ME so far).

everybody please feel free to add those YOU found.

i hope this will be a serious discussion and i expect somebody from esignal to come here - read it - and correct all those things very soon.

here we go:

1. the "all sessions" button still does not work cme e-minis. i do not like the thing with two symbols for one market.

2. the volume in the time and sales / detailed quote window still does not display corrrect data for cme e-minis. it either displays prev. days total volume or simply "0".

3. the vertical grid lines HAVE to be at 15min, 30min, 45min, etc. ALL the time on any chart interval.

4. the "export chart - printable chart" feature does not work the way it should. most of the time it does not save the chart that is actually displayed from the applet.

5. the new livecharts seem to have a problem with the cme e-mini midcap 400 (MC M8=2) - there are big gaps in the chart - when in fact in should be just like it is with ES, NQ or AB. everytime the new trading day - regular trading at 9.30 ny time starts - prev. days data disappears.

that's it SO FAR. hopefully next week things will look better.
            all of these bugs are still unsolved.

Comment

First, thanks for all the feedback on the initial release of the new LiveCharts. This was only the start, we'll be making frequent updates - the first one was May 5th.

Sorry to hear you are having these problems though. We are investigating the issues and we'll see if they can be resolved in a future release. I know the vertical grid lines is being worked on and will be updated. The export chart - printable chart feature will print a chart as if you had the chart displayed in full screen view (not sure if we want that to change). The detailed quote for Futures should have the evol (electronic volume) field added to the detailed quote window. The all sessions is working for equities but currently for futures you'll have to use =2 for just the day session and we'll look into the gap issue on MC M8=2.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

John B

Comment

glad to get an answer ... finally.

hopefully those bugs will be gone VERY soon.

and hopefully these features will come very soon:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=26724

(btw. - the printable chart feature does not always do what it should - sometimes you save a blank chart - for whatever reason...)

and i almost forgot: "chart headers" - i still cannot save it.
                Last edited by freestyle; 05-14-2008, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wireless guru
                  First, thanks for all the feedback on the initial release of the new LiveCharts. This was only the start, we'll be making frequent updates - the first one was May 5th.

Sorry to hear you are having these problems though. We are investigating the issues and we'll see if they can be resolved in a future release. I know the vertical grid lines is being worked on and will be updated. The export chart - printable chart feature will print a chart as if you had the chart displayed in full screen view (not sure if we want that to change). The detailed quote for Futures should have the evol (electronic volume) field added to the detailed quote window. The all sessions is working for equities but currently for futures you'll have to use =2 for just the day session and we'll look into the gap issue on MC M8=2.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

John B
                  John B,
                  Thanks, and I know you folks want to end up with a product the users will be happy with. I started another thread called "drawing lines" and this is my only strong request for the new live charts. The old product was the best and only thing out there for pattern traders. The line drawing was beautifully simple and fast - four colored lines draw in succession and just cycle through with mouse clicks to delete them. The current drawing is far too hard. To delete a line, I have to be back at selection tool and then go to a menu to reselect lines just to draw again. This is far too cumbersome and really gets in my way. I didn't need all the portfolio and other additions that came to live charts, but I wouldn't mind all the fluff if I could get the user drawn lines to work more quickly, and intuitively. The old way was great. Thanks for listening.

Comment

today something new:

symbol

MC M8=2

does not deliver day only data but overnight data.

so - no chance to view this symbols day session.

problems become more and more.

maybe somebody could finally come here and give us all an idea about WHEN we will get a FLAWLESS PRODUCT for our FLAWLESS MONEY....

Comment

Since on the issue of bugs.. and there are alot of them..

but the two that gets under my skin the most are.......

The bar that is being graphed in the moment.. it is way to close to the vertical bar of the quote column.. when you spread the time column (the vertical graph lines) to read in 10 minutes.. the graphed bar is very hard to read.. it only become readable with ease when you spread the time column to read in 16 minutes..

The other big problem is the exporting of a printable chart.. get this issue resolved by sending a copy in html format.. like the old version..

And please extend our rate increase by another month.. June the 1st is not the apporpriate time to increase.. because of all the issues still outstanding..

My two cents

Comment

Originally posted by freestyle
                        today something new:

symbol

MC M8=2

does not deliver day only data but overnight data.

so - no chance to view this symbols day session.

problems become more and more.

maybe somebody could finally come here and give us all an idea about WHEN we will get a FLAWLESS PRODUCT for our FLAWLESS MONEY....
                        this problem is unsolved.

basically this is simply RIDICULOUS!!!

since day 1 of this new product it is not possible to get correct data for the mini midcap.

simply unbelievable.

and nobody of those guys comes here and tells when it will finally work - can you believe that???

hey!!!

are you all sleeping???

it works for ES, NQ, AB .... but not for MC!?

WHY???

Comment

The E-Mini S&P Midcap 400 trades electronically, it's not a floor-traded contract (I'm sure you know that :-) that's what the "E" stands for in E-Mini) But maybe that's why you don't see the different sessions, I'll see what I can find out.

You might want to contact Customer Service too, they are real good at getting back to customer issues.

Contact Us

John B.

Comment

The E-Mini S&P Midcap 400 trades electronically, it's not a floor-traded contract (I'm sure you know that :-) that's what the "E" stands for in E-Mini) But maybe that's why you don't see the different sessions, I'll see what I can find out.

You might want to contact Customer Service too, they are real good at getting back to customer issues.

Contact Us

John B.
                            dude - enough is enough - are you trying to be funny or what?

compare mc to es, nq or ab and tell me if you see the bug or not.

either there are gaps in mc data - or lately there is the new bug where mc displays day AND night data for symbol "mc m8=2".

YOU do not understand what an e-mini actually is - OBVIOUSLY.

there is a bug since the first day i use new lc - and you guys are eighter blind or think your customers are too stupid to recognize what's going on.

stop being funny and start WORKING, man...

and in case you still do not know - regular trading session for stocks and stock index futures is from 9.30 to 16.00 (16.15 for futures) ny time.

Comment

and this is a joke, right?

what do you think i did already for than a month ago???

slowly but surely i believe that there actually is NO customer service or tech department ... there is just a computer that sends one and the same answer for everything.

i sent mails about the bugs i found - all i ever got was the same answer - but NOTHING ever happened.

there are ESSENTIAL errors in this software - and you do NOTHING!!

i have a lot of patience - but ...

you really seem to think that this is funny, right?

the first thing that came to your mind is to increase the price for lc - and then ... let's see...

Comment

Working...
                              X