No announcement yet.

no chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turning off the pop up blocker did not work , should I install the ie explorer if so which one the 6 or 7.
    If I uninstalled norton I would need another virus protector, what do you use?
    Del

Comment

I use Avast! version 4 - but if you just uninstall Norton, and restart the computer you should be OK long enough to test this out.

Are you running Norton Firewall?
      Norton Internet Security?

or just plain ol' Norton AntiVirus?

Comment

The norton I am running has it all
        Del

Comment

OK - for testing can you uninstall it all and see if LiveCharts works?
          If it does, then we can get Norton re-installed and figure out what inside of it is blocking access to LC.

Comment

I disabled norton and re-startred and it did not help. I do not have the disc to reinstall it if I uninstall because I got it online. I am afraid I could not get it back without paying again.
            I dp appreciate your help with all this. I feel like it is something else causing it because before we had norton on the other computer and the charts worked. I do have these two computers togeather on a router. Would that cause it
            Del

Comment

OK...I understand about the Norton situation.

I've gotta stop for tonight - I'm on EST and it's almost midnight and I'm bleary eyed.

But I'll be back online in the morning -

In the meantime.....on the Norton Firewall - Make sure that port 80 and 2182 are open for LC to use. And make sure that LiveCharts has permission to do what it needs with respect to Norton Firewall. Maybe you can "compare notes" with your other computer?

Comment

okay thanks for your help I had already checked the ports on norton and added 2812 .It already had 80 on it. I did not know about the other one you mentioned
                Del

Comment

One last idea and then I really gotta quit for tonight.
                  Download and install Firefox.
                  http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
                  See if you can log in using it.

Are you logging in here:
                  http://login.livecharts.com

Also, 2812 is the correct port, not my typo'd 2182....

Comment

Del,
                    Did you have any luck with Firefox?

Comment

Sorry have been gone this morning, nothing has worked so far. I do not think we are getting a connection to live charts.
                      Del

Comment

I am thinking about unistalling norton and just using the free edition of AVG.what do you think about that one. I have it on my other computer.wonder if it will work since we have them both linked togeather with a router
                        Del

Comment

I have been looking around at some different charting programs and found some that may work for me. They work on both computers. My wife had Qcharts when the market was good so we have been with quote com for years but just cannot stay with something that will not work for both of us. Appreciate all your help. I may even do a step up. Worden has a disc that looks pretty good. Thanks again
                          Del

Comment

Bill, my wife downloaded the IE 7 and it worked. Guess I should have got her on this earlier. The only problem is that the java takes a llittle while to download on both computers before the chart will pull up...but I am happy to have the chart program working. Just wanted to let you know after all your help.
                            Del

Comment

Hey Del,
                              Glad you got it working! Yes, the first time the Java applet downloads - it will likely be a longer download and slower chart opening - but after that it should go quicker.
                              Happy charting!

Comment

Working...
                              X