No announcement yet.

Charts out of synchonization with clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The clock that is just below the HotList.. and part of the login software..

I questioned before if the clock displaying time with the software was in sync with the exchange.. to which no reply has been provided to..

If it is in sync with the exchange.. then the software's graphing of bars.. ending and begin.. are out of sync by as much as 15 seconds this AM.. progressly getting out of hand..

Attached is one showing a 11 second out of sync.. and I am still hooked up directly to the modem.. not through the router as I normally am hooked up.. so I am not trading this AM.. and spending the time to figure out this annoying issue..

Mars
    Attached Files

Comment

Todd

What info would you like.. and how do I PM you..

As for the attachment you have enclosed with your reply.. it would seem to be ok.. but it is not ok at my end.. as shown by the previous posting..

Mars

Comment

The send PM link is on a button below a person's post.

If you could send me your Phone Number and UserName, I'll try to have a representative contact you.
        Attached Files

Comment

The clock above the Time and Sales is sync'd to the computer clock.

The Time Stamps on the Quotes in the Time and Sales and the data is going off the servers which is synced to the atomic clock.

I noticed that your screenshots don't show the actively updating quotes in the Time and Sales window, but instead show the detailed quote display.

It might just be a matter that your computer clock is not set to the correct time?

Comment

I am quite certain that when this question came up several weeks ago, we were told that the time displayed below the hot list is synchronized with your system clock. Based on that, I feel quite certain that what you are seeing as a variance is the amount by which your system clock is off. Here is how I reached that conclusion, and why I am confident that the Livecharts information is correct:

1) Even though I am using Vista's ability to set my clock on a scheduled basis, I did some homework and found that the official US time can be found at http://nist.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Central/d/-6/java.

2) I compared that time to my system time, and found out that there was a variance of a few seconds ... and that the variance changed from day to day.

3) I compared that time to the Time and Sales data streaming through on a very active stock, and found that it was virtually impossible to see a variance. (Today I looked at some 1 minute charts, and I am seeing them draw very efficiently with the T&S times.)

4) I manually set my system clock to match the official US time, which is a little tricky since the clock does not run while you are using Vista's clock setting screen.

5) I returned to Livecharts, and the variance that I had seen was resolved. I have since disabled

If you set your system clock to the correct time, I feel certain you will find that time is not an issue with Livecharts. By eliminating that as a problem, hopefully the engineers can focus on the time delay in drawing charts, which continues to get worse during high volume times.

Bob

Comment

Todd:

My apology.. for the inconvenience and time taken on this matter.. learn something new todate.. was unaware of how the chart clock and my unit work together.. now I know..

I have reset my unit.. against the Time and Sales time.. and against the atomic time. from the url site provided by Bob.. and everything is back to normal..

Thank you Bob.. for your time and the info..

Now if it can be figured out why the HotList quotes.. are only refreshing every 30 seconds or more.. more like 45 seconds sometimes.. it would be another piece of the puzzle fix..

Thank you both

Mars

Comment

Hot Lists were designed to update every 30 seconds, and did so in previous versions of QCharts and LiveCharts.

The one exception was the US Market Watch list which did have real time updates (some indicies updated every 15 seconds like $RUT).

This is no longer the case as all Hot Lists should update roughly every 30 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by ToddI

The clock above the Time and Sales is sync'd to the computer clock.

The Time Stamps on the Quotes in the Time and Sales and the data is going off the servers which is synced to the atomic clock.

excuse me - but why is the clock above time and sales not in sync WITH time and sales?

Comment

As one who uses the HotList: US Stocks for a good number of years now.. I do know that the old version of LC refreshed the quotes every 10 seconds.. that I know for a fact.. I traded off of them..

So presently.. they are refresh anywhere between 30 seconds and 1 minute.. how much trouble would it be to have the quotes program to refresh.. say every 15 second..

Mars

Comment

Mars,

The new LiveCharts applet grabs a refresh of the data from the server every 30 seconds; if the 1-2 of the symbol's data is the same, then it will appear to not have updated, but indeed it is refreshed every 30 sec.

The legacy LiveCharts subscribed to real-time updates for those 10 symbols, and the majority of them just happened to have a paced calculation at the data server of once every 10 seconds.

One possible work around here would be to type in the desired symbols into your portfolio so that they can update in real time.
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                      X