QCharts Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QCharts Features

Well....I honestly never saw myself posting an image from QCharts on the eSignal forums, but as an avid user of both applications and employee of both organizations, I am happy to see QCharts get the attention it rightly deserves. I'm sure I'll see some familiar names in the coming weeks where Jay, Mike and I will do our best to bring everyone into the fold. These boards are for you...please use them....we pay close attention to our community groups.

As we get started, I thought it would be fun to mention some of the features that are unique to QCharts from a technical trading perspective. Personally, I don't take too many contrarian or counter trend trades however I've found that the % In Yearly Range field in the Quote Sheet was a nice way to filter down some high flyers.

Once this list is populated with the "ALL OPTIONABLE STOCKS" symbol list (another handy feature), I filter it for volume and price....it may be best to run this at the end of the day if you are filtering volume as not eliminate solid candidates that haven't accumulated adequate volume. Once that is done, sort the list based on % In Yearly Range. Experiment with your Fibonacci Extension tool and watch the behavior at the key levels. Have fun....
    Attached Files

Hi, How did you get those higher fibonacci levels on the chart for VMC? Were you using the projection drawing tool somehow? Or am I using the retracements tool wrong?
    Thanks, and glad to be a part of the esignal group.

Comment

doctoroe
      Duane used the Fibonacci Extension Tool (see animated image below). Note that this is a 3-click drawing tool
      Alex

Comment

OK Alexis, thanks. It looks like that particular fibo drawing feature is not available at my subscription level. Using QCharts version 5.1.0.1 At least the dialogue box came up and said so. Another pet peeve. Oh well.
        The animation didn't work in internet explorer but worked fine in Firefox. Just an FYI.

Comment

doctoroe
          Try using the Projection Tool which I believe is available with the Basic subscription and should provide similar results.
          As to the animation I use Internet Explorer and it is working fine at my end (on 3 different computers)
          Alex

Comment

gif works fine with IE here, I might have to get QC some day, very tempting.

Comment

Working...
            X