Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Integrity - Splits, gaps, spikes, whatnot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carol,

CLF looks ok today. Perhaps QA already got to fixing this. Are you still seeing a problem?
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

• Yesterday $VXO was giving incorrect data intraday and the closing price was wrong.

Today $VXO is not updating.

Can someone please correct this asap.

Many thanks.

K

Comment

• MT showing a low of 31.00 on Daily and Weekly charts for today. Intraday charts do not show this low (even on all sessions).

Using QC 6.x

Thanks,
        Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by JayF
          Carol,

CLF looks ok today. Perhaps QA already got to fixing this. Are you still seeing a problem?
          Jay,
          It took a day - but, yes, now it is ok.
          Thanks,
          Carol

Comment

• SU split today but the charts - all time frames - do not reflect it (Looks like a $70 gap and really messes up the indicators).

WFT split today also - same huge gap issue.

Please correct.
            Thanks,
            Carol
            Last edited by ckelly; 05-27-2008, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• May 26th

Is anyone else seeing a missing candle from May 26th? That was a holiday, so I wouldn't expect anything, but 6.0.2 is showing a blank / missing candle day for me on both indices and stocks.

Does 6.0.2 use a MktHours file like 5.x did, and if so, what do I need to force an update of it? Simply delete the existing one? (I do see one in the 6.0.2 directory, but it hasn't been updated for me since mid-April).

Thanx.

Comment

• Re: May 26th

Hey carbuff,

Yep, 6.0.2 uses the same MktHours as 5.X and in fact downloads the file from a 5.X server.

Occasionally any given server can get old files on them. In your case bet ya you landed on cc16-hwd.esignal.com IP 216.23.226.212 which has a back level 4/10/2008 MktHours.

[Edit addition]
                You may be able to just ctrl-alt-N to another server and have the new file be in force. You may have to click another sym and come back to the one you were on.
                [Edit #2]
                Well, phooey. Looks like the ctrl-alt-n only works for 5.X. So forget ctrl-alt-N in 6.0.

Else...

1. If QFAI user, uncheck/remove that server from the server list when restart QCharts.
                or
                2. Edit file continuumclient.ini and remove Hwd-16 before starting QCharts. Use Notepad and Notepad only being careful to not introduce extraneous blank lines or extra spaces at end of a line.
                or
                3. Start with "blank workspace" at Login. Make sure you're not on Hwd-16 after connection is made. If you are, ctrl-alt-N to another server before loading workspace to pick up the latest 5/27/2008 Mkthours. This is only valid for 5.1.

I've reported the issue to the PTB.

LAM

Originally posted by carbuff
                Is anyone else seeing a missing candle from May 26th? That was a holiday, so I wouldn't expect anything, but 6.0.2 is showing a blank / missing candle day for me on both indices and stocks.

Does 6.0.2 use a MktHours file like 5.x did, and if so, what do I need to force an update of it? Simply delete the existing one? (I do see one in the 6.0.2 directory, but it hasn't been updated for me since mid-April).

Thanx.

Comment

• CHK has an $80 spike on May 8, 2008. I'm not sure it belongs there. Please check/correct.

Thanks,
                  Carol

Comment

• MA and ICE both have an 0.01 (one penny) trade showing on today's Daily & Weekly charts. I don't think it belongs. Please check/correct as this really messes up the indicators.

Thanks,
                    Carol
                    Last edited by ckelly; 06-06-2008, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• MA & ICE were corrected - CHK continues with an $85 spike on May 8.

Please correct; thanks.
                      Carol

Comment

• The weekly and daily charts for $TRAN in 6.0.2 are showing OHLC data for 10/6/2008. The OHLC are all at 5148.82. Please remove this data since it distorts the charts. THX.

Comment

• SOLEX index in 5.1 daily charts incorrect

The SOLEX index in QCharts 5.1 displays incorrectly on the daily charts but it displays correctly in QC 6. Please see the example

Thanks

Jim
                          Attached Files

Comment

• YZC charts show a 5:1 split on June 3. I cannot find any other source to indicate the stock split. Is this accurate?

Additionally, 5.1 and 6.0 charts look improperly split adjusted.
                            Please check/correct.

Thanks,
                            Carol
                            Attached Files

Comment

• The following CME Equity Index futures contracts...

SP, MD, NQ, & RL

that trade during a floor session all trade until 15:15PM CT
                              (see CME contract spec's here)!

The QCharts (ESignal) time map definitions for each of the above symbols have incorrect times for the end of the session -- at 15:00PM CT (please refer to the chart of SP U8=2 as an example).

Thanks!
                              btk_1

Comment

• Hey btk_1,

Even though QCharts 6.0 recognizes the "=2" syms, those syms are actually not for QCharts 6.0. They are a kinda special form for the eSignal charting application that has a significantly different time-mapping mechanism than QCharts.

Suggest you just use the regular form of the syms which will give proper RTH and ETH mappings in QCharts via All Sessions being ON or OFF.

For example...
                                SP U8
                                SP #F (for continuous contract)

LAM
                                Originally posted by btk_1
                                The following CME Equity Index futures contracts...
                                SP, MD, NQ, & RL
                                that trade during a floor session all trade until 15:15PM CT
                                (see CME contract spec's here)!

The QCharts (ESignal) time map definitions for each of the above symbols have incorrect times for the end of the session -- at 15:00PM CT (please refer to the chart of SP U8=2 as an example).

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X