Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Data Integrity - Splits, gaps, spikes, whatnot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $XNG is wrong

According to Yahoo, $XNG opened at $407.07 and closed at $423.97 with a gain of $16.90, but on my 6.0.3.1550:
    Open Close
    W: 418.62 409.07
    D: 418.62 409.07
    233: 408.05 423.88
    55: 408.05 423.88
    34: 408.05 423.88

It shows a loss of $9.55 on the day.

Also according to Yahoo, $DRG opened at $248.56 and closed at $252.60 for a gain of $3.74 for the day, but My charts show:

W: 251.97 249.51
    D: 251.97 249.51
    233: 249.48 252.76
    55: 249.48 252.76
    34: 249.48 252.76

It shows a loss of $2.46 for the day.
    Last edited by grunewaj; 05-18-2009, 08:16 PM.
    When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
    -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

• Re: $XNG is wrong

Originally posted by grunewaj
      According to Yahoo, $XNG opened at $407.07 and closed at $423.97 with a gain of $16.90, but on my 6.0.3.1550:

It shows a loss of $9.55 on the day.

Also according to Yahoo, $DRG opened at $248.56 and closed at $252.60 for a gain of $3.74 for the day, but My charts show:

It shows a loss of $2.46 for the day.
      I was seeing the same thing here as well as errors on $CRX and $BTK but they all corrected while I was typing this reply.

That's a bit disconcerting

Regards

Jim

Comment

• Jim, grunewaj -

I'm seeing the same thing you are seeing. See pic.

Carol
        Attached Files

Comment

• $XBD, $CRX, $CYC, $XCI, $DRG, $BTK, and $XNG look like they caught the bad daily candle flu today. (looks like the previous day's daily candle is just copied to today.) Yikes. Is this a glitch in the data feed or a bug in the 6.0.3.x software... 'cuz it sure is problematic...

(edit: OK, I got the same messed up charts after restarting QC 2x, but then tried on my lappy and they all looked fine. Tried again on my main machine, and now they are fine there as well. Uh, yeah.)

lugz
          Last edited by lugnutz; 05-19-2009, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnutz
            $XBD, $CRX, $CYC, $XCI, $DRG, $BTK, and $XNG look like they caught the bad daily candle flu today.
            Seeing the same thing here Lugz. I've had to fire up 5.1 to do my homework and I'll probably keep 5.1 open tomorrow.

Jim

Comment

• Jim, Lugz -

I'm seeing the same thing.

Carol
              Attached Files

Comment

• Regarding the bad index issue ($XBD, $CRX, $CYC, $XCI, $DRG, $BTK, and $XNG, etc)...

I'm seeing the same fubar bars in eSignal 10.4.
                Methinks it's not client side, rather its server side.
                The issue started Monday, apparently.

Looks like it's mostly the syms that are sourced from AMEX.
                But I'm seeing a few in other sources (NASDAQ, PHLX, whatnot)
                Note: the checking I just did of this and that symbol is cursory, not exhaustive. Mileage may vary.

How to tell where the indexes are coming from?

Have a nice day,

LAM
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry Marchman
                  Regarding the bad index issue ($XBD, $CRX, $CYC, $XCI, $DRG, $BTK, and $XNG, etc)...
                  Just got off the phone with tech support. They were unaware of this issue and have escalated it I guess to engineering. Hopefully they will look more deeply than the 7 indices that I reported.

In the mean time, I have added a 450 minute chart to my workspace that provides a sanity check for the daily.

Jim

Comment

• Thanks, Jim. I was gonna, but glad you did.
                    I'm surprised that there have been no posts in the eSignal forums regarding this issue. Guess they don't do indexes <grin>.

A 390 is good for indexes. That's the MktHours definition for them. 9:30-16:00...with a couple of minor exceptions.

LAM
                    Originally posted by JimRutherford
                    Just got off the phone with tech support. They were unaware of this issue and have escalated it I guess to engineering. Hopefully they will look more deeply than the 7 indices that I reported.

In the mean time, I have added a 450 minute chart to my workspace that provides a sanity check for the daily.

Jim

Comment

• I ASSumed tech support monitored this thread... otherwise I guess it's just a way for us to emote to each other about our software troubles. LOL!

lugz

Comment

• Lugz - they do monitor these forums. It just depends on who you talk to in tech support. You may not get the person on the phone that is aware of the particular issue or is getting the forum post emails. There is a lot that goes on "behind the scenes" to keep stuff running that most of us users are never aware of.

Also...the other thing to remember is that not all problems are QCharts or eSignal software problems. Sometimes the exchange itself screws up. Yes, it shows up in the client software, but sometimes the real source of the problem is in Chicago or New York.
                        Last edited by billbled; 05-20-2009, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• In this case though, looks like it's not an exchange issue since the syms are OK in 5.1, and CK posted earlier another vendor's chart (ThinkOrSwim) that had OK bars.

LAM
                          Originally posted by billbled

Also, like Larry pointed out...the other thing to remember is that not all problems are QCharts or eSignal software problems. Sometimes the exchange itself screws up. Yes, it shows up in the client software, but sometimes the real source of the problem is in Chicago or New York.

Comment

• OK - point taken on this case.

Still....
                            1- tech support and product management do monitor these forums. Granted, not everyone in support does, but I personally know some that do.

2- sometimes the exchanges do screw up, such as $BIX on the morning of 5/12/09.

Comment

• I do know that the Indices indicated below were sent to QA, and they've seen similiar issues with other Index symbols like $RMV, $RUJ, $XMI. The issue is being investigated by our data supplier for this data.

Issues regarding incorrect data can also be submitted via the bad tick reporter

Regarding AG to AGCO, although interval data can not be merged on the server side, I have submitted a request to see if the symbols can be merged on the software side via compsyms2
                              Last edited by eSignal_ToddI; 05-20-2009, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Missing syms premarket today

In 6.0.3.1550 this morning, I have not prices for the following symbols, nor can I call up a chart on them:
                                BA, CAT, JNJ, UNH, WMT, XOM, MT, F.

Typing those syms in the symbol entry will not bring them up either.

Update: I bounced Qcharts and it's fine now.
                                Last edited by grunewaj; 05-21-2009, 06:20 AM.
                                When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
                                -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
                                X