No announcement yet.

QCharts 6.0 Pre-Beta Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a sample 60-minute chart with minimum (12-candle) 50-period mva and no 200-period mva painted.

fyi,
    Carol
    Attached Files

Comment

Jay,

I let the Workspace sit unattended for a few hours and have these results to compare to the last quote sheet posted.

Now, I can get the 60-minute charts, but on 3 symbols it does not populate monthly, weekly, or daily charts.

There are 5 symbols now (original 3 plus 2 more) that have great price discrepancies between the M/W/D charts (along with Last) vs. the 60-minute chart.

The 60-minute chart still does not populate the 50- or 200-mva's as on the original list.

I'll leave it running overnight and see what results it provides in the morning.

Carol
      Attached Files

Comment

Quote sheet duplication

Hi all,
        I'm getting back in the loop after multiple issues on my end, apologies for the absence over the past weeks.
        Anyway, one of the beta32 issues I'm seeing is:
        Quote sheet price duplication:

This screenshot was taken upon launching .32 - then opening my "Dow Watch" (a.k.a. Fisher Price) workspace. When the quote sheet populated, this is what came up.
        I've got more notes to get posted - and will do so tomorrow.
        Last edited by billbled; 11-29-2006, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Jay,
          One last post for the night. Bill & I were just talkijng and I realized that the reason my 60-min chart is not painting the 50 & 200-period mva's is because the candles do not populate back far enough to create them. When the data begins November 6, there's not even 200 candles there to start with. Ok, so that explains why for the 60-minute charts - but, the M/W/D charts were/are painting them. So, another weird thing.

We were talking about the Continuum testing so I closed and logged back in thru the Continuum side (as did Bill) and we are both now on cc-17a.mia......now the charts are so wacky at this hour it's totally commical. All Symbols in the Dow Quote sheet look similar to the attached.

fyi,
          Carol
          Attached Files

Comment

Jay,
            I let the Continuum loggin sit overnight to see if the cyberdust would clear out and what results it would provide this morning. All the symbols in the Dow quote sheet are the same as last night; see my prior post for a classic representation. I do note, however, that the 60-minute charts looked pretty good and would populate back much further than November 13, and the 50- and 200-period mva's painted just fine. Interesting that the M/W/D charts would populate back into the 1990's but the 60-minute chart would not while on the eSignal server. hmmm

Another thing I quickly noted is that the chart I've been keeping notes on lost the notes while in the Continuum loggin.

Ok, so, I'm now back to the eSignal loggin and:
            (1) the Chart with notes has them back;
            (2) the 60-minute chart begins populating (this morning) at November 13; the 60-minute 50-period mva is thus only 34 candles long and there is, obviously, no 200-period mva.
            (3) a quick run thru the Dow quote sheet yields only 2 symbols with whacky prices: AXP & DD. I note also that KO is showing a last of 46.64 vs. the $539.04 of last night.

Carol

Comment

Hallo Gruß Catano,

Ich fragte mich, warum Sie nicht loggin zu QCharts 6.0 könnten und dann begriffen, dass der Verzug loggin Seite die eSignal Datenquelle verwendet. Bitte seien Sie sicher, in die Kontinuum-Datenquelle wenn Sie loggin mit Ihrem regelmäßigen QCharts Benutzernamen und Kennwort zu klicken.

Arbeitet das für Sie?
              Carol
              Attached Files

Comment

movies of quotesheet weirdness

Hey,
                I made a movie of the quotesheet strangeness I am currently seeing.
                It's here:
                QCharts Beta 32 Quote Sheet Weirdness
                Last edited by billbled; 11-30-2006, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Index quote sheet problems

Here's another quote sheet weirdness movie, this time mostly around the Indexes:
                  Index quote sheet problems

Comment

Re: movies of quotesheet weirdness

Hey Bill, long time.

Yep, there is a bug if a symbol is duplicated in a quotesheet. And it's not potentially a 64 bit issue. Here's a previous POST(link) from my system.

Also, regarding another post of your's from yesterday....
                    For the QCharts symbol TIKI, the eSignal symbol is $TICKI rather than $TIKI.

LAM

Originally posted by billbled
                    Hey,
                    I made a movie of the quotesheet strangeness I am currently seeing.
                    It's here:
                    QCharts Beta 32 Quote Sheet Weirdness

Comment

Test workspace

Carol and Bill,

I continue to not have a problem with, for example, having a DOW quotesheet being hinkey, or the charts.

If y'all could humor me, could you please try THIS(link) workspace? Image attached.

NOTE: Regarding Blank charts. It's been a long reported bug that if a chart is filled, and a period of time (10min or so) passes, upon reaccessing the symbol, the charts, especially and usually Daily, will be blank. Same goes for any charts that are based on and built locally from Daily bars, like Weekly, Monthly, etc.

Thanks,

LAM
                      Attached Files

Comment

Larry,
                        Got your workspace and it gives Daily bars just as hinkey as the Tiny Dow Workspace. Also note the Volume "numbers" flag.

fyi,
                        Carol
                        Attached Files

Comment

Larry,
                          One other thing - I failed to circle it, but see the BA quote sheet Last price of 58.60 vs. the 10-min chart of 88.18. Just as in Bill's movie post, the price is switching between 58.60 and 88.18.

Not the only one - but representative of the workspace.
                          fyi,
                          Carol

Comment

Hi Guys,

I downloaded Larry's worksheet and went through all the DOW symbols and saw no funkiness. Note: I am running on the following servers:

~Bob

Comment

Bob,
                              Good point to check the servers. My prior post with the hinkey charts was thru the Continuum loggin and on Miami 17.

I just logged out and back in thru eSignal; and on same Miami 17, took a run thru the Quote Sheet of Larry's Workspace. Everything looked ok.

I'll let it sit a bit and see if it still gives decent data.

Carol

Comment

Carol, et al...

Just a couple of fwiw comments....

One thing that I do every time I exit QC6 is to manually terminate the Data Manager since QC6 does not take it down. This insures a clean Data Manager start upon restart of QC6.

It's easy to do if one creates, using Notepad, a .BAT file.
                                I have one named....Kill Winros.BAT

The total and complete content of the file is...

taskkill /f /im winros.exe

This will terminate any and all copies of the Data Manager running, regardless of the process that started it/them, whether QC6 or eSignal.

Also, fwiw, regarding install directories...
                                I have all my QC6 pre-betas installed in the standard QCharts path, along with all my other QCharts V5's and V4's.
                                Namely inside...
                                C\Program Files\Quote.com\

And I have eSignal installed and running, since I have an eSignal subscription unrelated to the QC6 pre-beta.

LAM

Originally posted by ckelly
                                Bob,
                                Good point to check the servers. My prior post with the hinkey charts was thru the Continuum loggin and on Miami 17.

I just logged out and back in thru eSignal; and on same Miami 17, took a run thru the Quote Sheet of Larry's Workspace. Everything looked ok.

I'll let it sit a bit and see if it still gives decent data.

Carol

Comment

Working...
                                X