No announcement yet.

QCharts 6.0 Pre-Beta Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also can't seem to duplicate the strangeness seen on Carol's/Bill's systems. I'm not 100% convinced it's a 64-bit vs. 32-bit thing, because I'm simply not seeing the same level of odd behavior on the in-house AMD 64-bit.

Bill/Carol, just a thought, but do you have a 64-bit driver for your video cards? If memory serves in the past with eSignal, we had some strange behavior that was seen when transitioning from 16 to 32-bit OS's. More of a shot in the dark here... just trying to figure out what's the significant difference between your setups and what we're testing on.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Re: Re: movies of quotesheet weirdness

Originally posted by Larry Marchman
      Yep, there is a bug if a symbol is duplicated in a quotesheet
      OK...so the second instance of KO caused the GOOG price to go stupid. But in the movies, I did NOT put the multiple symbols in the quote sheets. That happened on opening them into QC6.

Originally posted by Larry Marchman
      Also, regarding another post of your's from yesterday....
      For the QCharts symbol TIKI, the eSignal symbol is $TICKI rather than $TIKI.
      OK...great. So why didn't QC6 know that? All I did was open up the DOW watch workspace (which had TIKI, which does work in QC5.x). I would've thought that QC6 would have been / should be smart enough to convert symbols from QC5.x workspace. I would think this lack of conversion would generate calls to eSig cust svc in the future?

I understand if it isn't there, that I just need to go back and re-evaluate the messed up symbols in my newly opened quote sheet. But I bet you all will have some customers who will pick up the phone and have you look up what the right symbol is for XYZ ticker just because it didn't convert right when they opened it up in QC6. Just a thought. Seems like it oughta convert.

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
        I also can't seem to duplicate the strangeness seen on Carol's/Bill's systems. I'm not 100% convinced it's a 64-bit vs. 32-bit thing, because I'm simply not seeing the same level of odd behavior on the in-house AMD 64-bit.

Bill/Carol, just a thought, but do you have a 64-bit driver for your video cards? If memory serves in the past with eSignal, we had some strange behavior that was seen when transitioning from 16 to 32-bit OS's. More of a shot in the dark here... just trying to figure out what's the significant difference between your setups and what we're testing on.
        Jay - yes, the video drivers we are using are 64-bit Matrox drivers.

Comment

It's easy to do if one creates, using Notepad, a .BAT file.
          Larry,
          Thanks - I've made the .BAT file and flushed the system. For my understanding, what does this file do that simply closing the DM does not do?

Ok, after flushing the DM, I'm back in on Continuum Miami 10 and your workspace. I note the Daily Snapshot Bar does not populate on Daily charts, but is fine on the 10-minute and Weekly Charts.

Also note the Daily bars appear right, but the price flag, along with the volume flag are erroneous. Note the Weekly bars are totally useless.

fyi,

Carol
          Attached Files

Comment

Larry, Thanks - I've made the .BAT file and flushed the system. For my understanding, what does this file do that simply closing the DM does not do?
            The BAT has no functional difference. It simply saves several clicks to kill DM. One click on BAT...done. In my case, I can have multiple DM's running, so it's even more helpful. ~LAM

Ok, after flushing the DM, I'm back in on Continuum Miami 10 and your workspace. I note the Daily Snapshot Bar does not populate on Daily charts, but is fine on the 10-minute and Weekly Charts.
            <grin> Those slots are empty by design, for quick on the fly selection of data fields. Grab the bottom-most entry on a snapshot and pull down and observe new empty slots being created. ~LAM

Also note the Daily bars appear right, but the price flag, along with the volume flag are erroneous.
            It's OK for me, fyi. ~LAM

Note the Weekly bars are totally useless.
            Yep, after adding a Weekly chart to the workspace, I see the same issue you show. Go figure. ~LAM

Comment

Larry,
              Ok, your multiple DM's makes sense. I thought something like that was probably going on - thanks for the explanation.

<double grin and duh> in 5.1xx the Snapshot Bar is automatically populated with OHLT & Net, and I assumed 6.0 was the same. Yes, I see I can grab it and get more lines available. Ok, no more assumptions.

Well, if you're seeing the same Weekly stuff - then it can't be just a 64-bit issue. Something else has got to be going on.

Carol

Comment

Working...
              X