No announcement yet.

moving average lines not complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks all. I'll continue to try to duplicate the issue. It may prove useful to send in (qcideas) a sample workspace that has been seen as being able to reproduce the issue. Also, do any of you have the right margin setting under View --> Preferences, Display tab set to something other than 0? Possibly this is a drawing issue relating to that?
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Yes, Jay, I have an offset right margin setting of 10 to allow the Fib values to be displayed on the right side of the line(s). But the only ma I see this problem on is the 200ma on intraday timeframes like 5m, 15m, 30m and, unfortunately, it is intermittent. My other 3 ma's display correctly on each of these timeframes.

Comment

Fun with moving average lines

Hi Jay,

I have my right margin set to 1. Like mschnauz said, it is intermittent and seems to happen usually, if not always, on the 200 period (simple) moving average usually, if not always, on intraday charts. The charts I just pulled up don't have the problem and it has been a while since I've seen it.

Jim
        When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
        -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

I also see this behavior and my current workaround is to change to another symbol, and then back to the one I'm really interested in. This generally causes the MA's to be drawn properly.

Comment

Working...
          X