QCharts 6.0/6.1 Poll Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Row dividers in quote sheet not preserved

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll add it here too. QC 6.1 deleted my quote sheet dividers and sorted all my symbols by alphabetical order. This would be a problem, as I had spent a lot of time organizing my symbols by sector.

Your help in resolving this problem is appreciated.

Peace.

- Savage

Comment

Trying to find Web Help

I downloaded 6.0.0.24 today. As with previous versions, the continuous contracts from 5.1 don't populate. I have to assume that a different format is used from e-signal data manager.

When I go to HELP, Ticker Symbols Lookup, it takes me to INSIDERinfo Finance Search engine. When I go to HELP, Web Help I get nothing.

I was hoping to be able to fix an annoying , but small problem without having to bug someone for every little thing.

Can anyone tell me the format for the contracts?

TIA

Comment

WhoLovesYa
        The format is [root symbol][space]#F eg ES #F or NQ #F
        Hope this helps
        Alex

Comment

Thanks,

I saw the #F somewhere but was missing the space which makes all the differnece in the world.

Who

Comment

The #text lines and sub-total inserted lines don't 'save' after recreating them in 6.0. Any fix?

Also, whats the format for futures spreads?
            S N7 -S X8 doesn't seem to work. I've tried other guesses but none seem to work either. Can you help?

Is there an easy way to tell how many symbols I'm using without counting each page? Does repeating the symbol on another worksheet count as another symbol?

Comment

Single Quote Sheet

It would be nice if a few of the fields in the single quote sheet could be listed such as:

Float
              Institutional Owned %
              Inside Owned %
              Short Interest (current, as 5.1 is more then 6 months behind)
              Short Interest Prev (see above)

Sector Name
              Industry Name

-who

Comment

CWaynes,

Thanks very much for the report concerning quote sheets (not reloading Total, SubTotal and Divider rows). That is fixed and should be released asap.

Concerning the format of expressions in a chart... It is now necessary to put space on BOTH sides of a math or logical operator. This what you could enter:

S X7 - S F8

Another example:

(ES Z7 * 4) - (NQ Z7 * 3)

QCharts 6.0 does not chart expired symbols; this will change in a coming build.

Concerning the S, ZS and other future series... Jay can say which contracts are available.

Thanks again,

- Mike C.
                Lead Developer, QCharts 6

Comment

Excellent!
                  Your suggestion worked perfectly.
                  What a difference a space makes.
                  Thanks Mike. You're a genius!

Comment

CWaynes,

Aw, shucks!... Not really...

I/we just love our job, which is to work on software that improves the average person's odds in a tough market.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Condra
                      CWaynes,

Thanks very much for the report concerning quote sheets (not reloading Total, SubTotal and Divider rows). That is fixed and should be released asap.
                      - Mike C.
                      Lead Developer, QCharts 6
                      This fix has been released as 6.0.0.25 on the QCharts download page.
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

Re: Single Quote Sheet

Originally posted by WhoLovesYa
                        It would be nice if a few of the fields in the single quote sheet could be listed such as:

Float
                        Institutional Owned %
                        Inside Owned %
                        Short Interest (current, as 5.1 is more then 6 months behind)
                        Short Interest Prev (see above)

Sector Name
                        Industry Name

-who
                        We are planning on bringing back as many of these fields as we can for QCharts 6.1.
                        Regards,
                        Jay F.
                        Product Manager

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

Comment

Re: First Impressions of Qcharts 6.0 (6.0.0.24)

Originally posted by grunewaj
                            Hi Jay,

This is certainly not an exhaustive review, but only a few quick observations of the 6.0 release.

One of my complaints on the release candidate was that my lines were not preserved for indexes (symbols starting with '$'). This is still true.

The 'text' lines (those starting with '#') in a quote sheet are missing.

I use a 233 chart and the 200 period moving average is either not on a chart or is short (ending today but beginning about 8/23). It seems correct on the other intraday charts I use.

It's not able to resolve $COMPX and $GYY.

My datawindows were not there. It was checked under the Format menu. I had to turn them off and then turn them on to view them.

Jim
                            Regarding lines not being preserved from importing 5.1 workspaces, this is because the symbols are different. The eSignal variety has a dollar sign in front. We are looking into a way to preserve these lines in a future build.

Regarding the 200-MA on a 233-minute chart, the reason for these lines being shorter is because the historical data is limited to 120 days on QCharts 6.0. In the next version of QCharts, we will be reintroducing the 10+ years of intraday bar data back into the product and these lines will once again be complete.

Regarding the unersolved indices, $COMPX translates to $COMPQ and the equivelant for $GYY is GY A0.

Regarding the Data Window bug, we have this on our bug list, and will repair it in a future release.
                            Regards,
                            Jay F.
                            Product Manager

Comment

Re: Re: First Impressions of Qcharts 6.0 (6.0.0.24)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JayF

Regarding the unersolved indices, $COMPX translates to $COMPQ and the equivelant for $GYY is GY A0.

Where can this information be found? I encountered the same thing and believe that I check in the QCharts 6.0 symbol lookup and did not see this

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Jim,

Please refer to the eSignal Symbols Guide for QCharts 6.0's symbology. We're working on getting a link on the QCharts Symbols Guide to point to the eSignal one for 6.0 users.
                                Regards,
                                Jay F.
                                Product Manager

Comment

Working...
                                X