Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayF
    Jim,

Please refer to the eSignal Symbols Guide for QCharts 6.0's symbology. We're working on getting a link on the QCharts Symbols Guide to point to the eSignal one for 6.0 users.
    Thanks Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
      Jim,

Please refer to the eSignal Symbols Guide for QCharts 6.0's symbology. We're working on getting a link on the QCharts Symbols Guide to point to the eSignal one for 6.0 users.
      I've spent some time going through the information at the link you sent. Still can't find a replacement for GYY Goldman Sachs Industrial Metals and the replacement for GI8Y Goldman Sachs Semiconductor appears to be GI8 A0 and the charts appear to reflect the data but the studies do not reflect the name in the upper frame. Can you confirm GI8 A0 for GI8Y and point me where to find the replacement for GYY ?

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Jim
        The replacement for GYY is GY A0
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          Jim
          The replacement for GYY is GY A0
          Alex
          Thank you again sir

Comment

Jim
            You are most welcome.
            BTW in my previous reply I forgot to add that GI8 A0 is indeed the replacement for GI8Y
            Alex

Comment

Hmm, I'm trying to add GY A0 and GI8 A0 to my quotesheets, but I cannot get either to be recognized in 6.0.1.2. When I enter either into the Expression Toolbar Symbol space, I always receive "GY A0, W not found" messages.

I have been able to get charts for the new futures format, but these two aren't working for me. Are they working for others out there (obviously so for at least someone... ).

Thanx.

Comment

carbuff,
                Give this post a try:

Symbol Translation 5.1 to 6.0

Carol

Comment

Jay,

regarding your earlier response:

Regarding the 200-MA on a 233-minute chart, the reason for these lines being shorter is because the historical data is limited to 120 days on QCharts 6.0. In the next version of QCharts, we will be reintroducing the 10+ years of intraday bar data back into the product and these lines will once again be complete.

I am seeing the same issue but only with an interval of 233. If the above is true, why do I not see shortened 200-MA on intervals of D, W or even 55? I did a little trial and error and discovered that an interval greater than 194 causes this behavior.

Tim

Comment

Tim,

QC6 currently has historical data for Daily charts beyond 6 months (PG, for instance, goes back 17 years). Daily charts are used to construct Weekly & Monthly charts - so that's why you are seeing the 200mva appearing properly represented on those charts. Additionally, if you scroll all the way back to the beginning of data on a Daily chart, you'll see the first 199 days do not paint a 200mva.

At the same time, the intraday charts reflect under 6 months' historical data.

Note that the 200 mva is a 200 period moving average. So, on a Daily chart, at any given time, it represents the moving average for the last 200 daily candles. On a 60-minute chart, at any time, it represents the moving average for the last 200, 60-minute candles. Similarly, on a 233-min chart, at any time, it represents the moving aveage for the last 200, 233-minute candles.

Given this limited intraday data, the 233-minute chart paints a total of 238 candles; the first 200 are used to calculate the beginning of the 200 period moving average and then it continues on the charts for the next 38 candles.

The smaller charts, say a 60-minute chart, will display 596 candles during the same time period. Note the first 199 candles also do not have a 200 period mva. But, from the 200th candle, forward, you'll see the 200mva painted.

I hope this explaination helps it make sense for you.
                    Carol

Comment

Working...
                    X