QCharts 6.0.0.25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Screen

The white screen has to do with how the processing of downloaded chart data is being done. We are looking into ways of architecturing that process differently to avoid that problem.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Re: Not entitled

Originally posted by dkseay226
      Last week I downloaded and installed 6.0.0.24 and could not get entitled. Today, I uninstalled it, cleaned out the registry, and downloaded Q'Charts 6.0.0.25. I have installed it. However, I can still not get entitled. I called tech support, but the person I talked with was not able to tell me what the problem is. He suggested it might be my antivirus program which is VCOM's SystemSuite 7 Professional. I have disabled the firewall and can still not become entitled. The reference number for my call is 5912940. Please advise!
      Dot
      Hello Dot,

I fear that just disabling the firewall may not be enough to let QCharts "talk" to the Data Manager for its entitlements. If you take a look at this KB article VCOM's SystemSuite is on the list of software programs that are incompatible with eSignal (and subsequently QCharts 6.0.) I would recommended trying to uninstall VCOM. If you are able to run QCharts 6.0 after that uninstall, then we've found the culprit.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

To user mi***64:

Thanks very much for the two crash reports you uploaded for build 6.0.0.25. The problem is understood, and will be fixed in the next build.

- Mike C.

Comment

To user ch***19,

Thanks for your uploaded crash report for build 6.0.0.25. The problem occurred in urlmon.dll, a Windows component.

A search of the web shows problems have been known to occur in urlmon.dll, and that it is a possible target for malware. It also appears to have been released in several versions. Please consider the following steps:

-- make sure "Windows Update" is enabled and current (from Internet Explorer, go to menu: Tools / Windows Update).

-- make sure your anti-virus software is installed and current.

-- consider running third-party anti-spyware software.

- Mike C.

Comment

See pic.
            Carol
            Attached Files

Comment

Carol,

It was great to talk with you by phone.

-- Concerning the double and missing daily bars... This is something we saw in the beta period. Jay and I need to huddle, and maybe ask others if they are seeing the same thing. If memory serves, account routing -- specifically, the version of servers to which you are routed -- could be a factor here.

-- Concerning the Cleardown dialog and your last screenshot... What you saw was strongly influenced by disabling Cleardown; probably you should restore the initial setting.

Cleardown exists to hide fields that lose meaning in the run-up to a new main session: Open, High, Low, Close, Yest, and many more. Cleardown is normally in effect for equities from midnight Eastern until market open. Yest would receive a new value at market open; with Cleardown disabled during premarket, you were seeing the previous day's value. If Cleardown had been turned on, you would not be expected to see in the premarket a daily bar for the main session that had not yet begun. The fact that your account is reporting double-final and missing next-to-final daily bars complicates that prediction, however.

From the phone call I believe you may not have altered Cleardown settings deliberately, or perhaps recently. We certainly need a "Restore Defaults" button and to be sure how settings are being saved/restored.

-- Small discrepancies are possible between the close shown on the right-most minute-denominated bar in the main session, the close of that day's daily bar, and the Last value reported in a SnapshotSet (quote window). Daily bars other than the current one come from a history server, where the exchange's official daily close has been used, if available. The open session's daily bar, as well as minute bars, are built from summaries of trade data that do not take into account an "official" close.

- Mike C.

Comment

The Values of Last Trade/Net are switching in pre-market. IN the pic, note All Sessions is checked and the values switch between yesterday's close and this morning's action. Cleardown is set to Never Clear.

Carol
                Attached Files

Comment

I loaded QC 6.0.0.25 this morning and installed it. I was pleasantly surprised to see the familiar interface and more pleasantly surprised to see how fast it loaded price data and indicators. I really liked the speed. I was not getting any data in the snapshot bar and there were no lines on my indexes, but overall I was very happy. You guys did a great job!

I was thrilled... until the opening bell. At exactly 9:39:59, it froze completely. Its clock stopped. Oddly in Task Manager it did not report "not responding" but I had to stop it there as it would not respond at all. I tried to reload and went through the login, but this time, it was transparent outline of the application. Again no response at all. I rebooted and still have same result. I installed in new directory by the way and I copied my primary workspace into the new directory structure. My CPU usage is pegged at 100%. I have 4GB RAM and reasonably strong processor... I exceed the standards for installation. I will go back to 5.1.0.21 for now. I hope the Miami servers come back...

Any thoughts??
                  T

Comment

I too went back to QC5 this morning, where we have to live with bad volume data. I had high hopes that eSignal would get QCharts into shape, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case.

Comment

Just to clarify, I can see that the developers did a great job with the transition of the familiar user interface and functions. It worked great pre-market. I will use QC6 before and after hours because of its speed, but when it matters, I have to use what works for me now.

I maintain that they did a great job... just need to work out some bugs. I hope the 5.1 servers are maintained until the main problems are worked out. I was hoping that 6.0.0.25 would be it, but maybe not.

Thanks!
                      T

Comment

Not Entitled

Jay,
                        Thank you for your reply to my concern about not being entitled while using VCOM SystemSuite 7. I uninstalled it and Q'Charts 6.0.0.25 now works. However, I installed my other virus protection program from another computer (CA Internet Security Suite 2007)and it causes a long delay when I save changes on a workspace in both versions 5 and 6 of Q'Charts. What can I use with Q'Charts? Right now I do not have any protection on my trading computer and that is not good! I do not like Norton because it takes up so much space.
                        Thanks,
                        Dot

Comment

In a quote sheet, some syms still will not fill until a logout/login AFTER the market is open.

fyi,
                          Carol
                          Attached Files

Comment

The Volumes in 6.0 seem to be high the past few days.

Today I've been watching ICE very closely. At 11:55am, it showed a volume of 2.99 million. Now, at 13:28, it's showing a volume of 791,200.

fyi,
                            Carol

Comment

Originally posted by ckelly
                              In a quote sheet, some syms still will not fill until a logout/login AFTER the market is open.

fyi,
                              Carol
                              Thanks Carol. This is likely due to the Breadthalizer symbols not having an Open Time (because they are sourced from the Continuum) and they are being put into a Clear Down state. I'm guessing that if you switch the Cleardown setting to never clear fields, that this problem goes away? Please confirm.

Thanks,
                              Jay
                              Regards,
                              Jay F.
                              Product Manager

Comment

6.0 will paint Volume for $INDU - however, will not paint it for Indices such as $COMPQ or $SPX.

fyi,
                                Carol

Comment

Working...
                                X